Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 30 day trial keys

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I got one, woot ! thanks for the links

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Does anyone know what size the Game is to download?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

It is 1.73 GB. YOu ojust had to chack teh links above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Glad to see im causing some interest :)

Keep our dutch hero MasterCalaelen busy and request those keys :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

Well worth the download. Come join the TR, best empire by far ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I played planetside about 18 months/2 years ago..

It was great fun for a while, and I think you all should give it a shot..

I got to level 18 I think, and gave up then, for no real reason, just stopped playing as something more shiny came along :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm gonna download this tonight i think. I've wanted to play tyhis for ages, and anything free is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Just to warn people, I downloaded this last night.

I'm on a 4Mb download, and the initial download just took a couple of minutes.

But after you sign in with your trial key, it downloads a ton of other stuff, which took over 2 hours. Even at that, I still didn't have a 'Play' button. Had to exit, restart, download another 15 minutes of stuff, and by the time I got into it it was nearly time for bed.

That said, I imagine the download is limited, so it's probably not going to be much slower if you're on a 1Mb connection.

But I wouldn't recommend trying it on dialup!

Thanks a mil to the OP - looking forward to trying this out properly tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

MOH wrote:
    Just to warn people, I downloaded this last night.

I'm on a 4Mb download, and the initial download just took a couple of minutes.

But after you sign in with your trial key, it downloads a ton of other stuff, which took over 2 hours. Even at that, I still didn't have a 'Play' button. Had to exit, restart, download another 15 minutes of stuff, and by the time I got into it it was nearly time for bed.

That said, I imagine the download is limited, so it's probably not going to be much slower if you're on a 1Mb connection.

But I wouldn't recommend trying it on dialup!

Thanks a mil to the OP - looking forward to trying this out properly tonight.
    Yup 3mb download line here and I started at midnight and it was still going at 6:30 this morning.

Think I'll go for the faction with the beam weapons...:)

The download from the SOE servers is ******, as you have noticed, so thats why I also supplied the filefront link for the download of the game itself. There are a good few updates however, so don't expect to start soon after downloading the client (much like WoW, urgh). I look forward to seeing you guys in game. Good luck ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

DarthWraak wrote:
    The download from the SOE servers is ******, as you have noticed, so thats why I also supplied the filefront link for the download of the game itself. There are a good few updates however, so don't expect to start soon after downloading the client (much like WoW, urgh). I look forward to seeing you guys in game. Good luck ;)

Yeah, I just realised that today. I just followed the instruction on the linked forum page and forgot about your filefront link.

Thanks again, had a good run at it last night, no idea what the heck is going on most of the time (even after doing all the training missions) but enjoying it anyway.

Tried it and just seemed pointless to me, nothing more than a game of numbers, jump to whatever allegiance has the highest number of players on at the moment or swap server, anything else is just wasting time... :(
    Each to their own though so hope you guys continue to enjoy it.

*even just had someone (**from the winning side) broadcast in game about the population balence problems... They really should do something to prevent bias like this beyond simple bonus XP if you're on the underdogs.

**Now that the EU server is up again (only noticed when logging out last night) I might give it a try on that but TBH I'm not expecting much difference, it'll still just be a game of numbers probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I played this before, the reserves, but i could only get to lvl 6 or something. Is there a limit on this trial or what?

There is no limit. You have access to everything for the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Savage, definitely gonna try this again.

Gave it a proper try over the weekend and even with the European server being much better balenced than the Eastern US one was I still ended up getting bored rather quickly. Just seemed too repetitive with limited options to me, not my kinda thing. Cancelled my subscription last night.

Half think I'm starting to get some sort of gaming fatigue thing though, finding a lot of the games in the shops at the moment either too repetitive or too easy or else a dumbed down version of an older game.:(
    Just hope I find something I could be bothered to play for a bit before I get too disillusioned with the gaming scene.

Im sad to hear that it didn't turn out well for you. Planetside does have a lot of different elements, such as Air Cavalry, Armor Columns, Infantry/Grunting and infiltration. That being said, its not a game for everyone.

I still quite enjoy it, I'm a flyboy/grunt, and I try my best to be in the smaller fights ( I hate the spam :p ). Well it'll be great to hear more opinions on how the trial is going from the other key snatchers :)

UPDATE: Seems that "Planetside Syndicate" has run out of keys. If you are still interested, you'll have to use the "Planetside Universe" link in the OP, then (1) register on the forums, (2) wait 24 hours to request a key and (3) make 2 constructive posts on the forums, spam posts will be deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I pm'd the guy on the above forum, but i never got a key :(

Kiith wrote:
    I pm'd the guy on the above forum, but i never got a key :(

Planetside Syndicate? They are out of keys. Try the Planetside Universe trial key system.

Advertisement