Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water in washing machine hoses but not feeding into machine?

Options
  • 06-08-2007 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I have an oldish Hoover machine and lately it has started to stall mid cycle because it's not taking in any water for the rinse & spin. Occasionally this would happen at the start of the cycle too but usually some tweaking of the hoses round the back would kick start it back up.

Anyway same thing happenened today, hose tweaking didn't work so I pulled it out and although the water is feeding into the hoses from the mains, it is not going into the machine. Is this due to some kind of valve blockage or something? I don't mind calling out a repair guy but would hate to pay all that money if it's just some fluff stuck somewhere!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

cold water inlet solenoid is gone -common on the hoover models -easy repair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Thanks for that - is it something I can do myself and if so where do I get the parts/how do I do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

i suppose u could do it ur self - follow the cold water pipe up to the machine and unscrew it from machine -thats the solenoid that the pipe is connected to -lift off the top of the machine and u will see the whole unit -usually held in by two screws -just fit the new one being carefull to secure the wires and hook the water supply back up -on those hoover machines u can convert them to cold fill only but might be a bit technical but its an easy fix for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Fitted a new solenoid and it's still not working...any other ideas? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Is it emptying the water form the machine OK. It seams not to fill mid-cycle.

In this case it may be something blocked in the drain pump, there could be a filter that can be cleaned.

The machine won't fill water unless it has confirmed that the machine is empty by means of a presure switch. If it did not drain completly and trip the pressure switch, the machine won't take on board any more water.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

ellscurr wrote:
    Hi guys

I have an oldish Hoover machine and lately it has started to stall mid cycle because it's not taking in any water for the rinse & spin. Occasionally this would happen at the start of the cycle too but usually some tweaking of the hoses round the back would kick start it back up.

Anyway same thing happenened today, hose tweaking didn't work so I pulled it out and although the water is feeding into the hoses from the mains, it is not going into the machine. Is this due to some kind of valve blockage or something? I don't mind calling out a repair guy but would hate to pay all that money if it's just some fluff stuck somewhere!

doesnt sound like a blockage as the original symtoms were cured when the op tweaked the hoses at the back of the machine -leading me to believe that it was the solenoid -which normally on this machine it is -make sure its not a second hand part u fitted as a lot of shops recycle them from old machines and it could be broke also-one way to tell is to take the live from the cold solenoid and piggy back it on the hot inlet solenoid and see if the cycle completes

Advertisement