Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to cover up a tattoo

Options
  • 06-08-2007 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Folks I have a tattoo (approx 2-3 inches square in black outline, no colour or shading on my left shoulder. I no longer like it & want to cover it up with something new.

I'm looking for a symbol to represent Grace (name of my daughter), I would prefer something celtic but am open to anything really. Once it covers the existing one & is roughly the same size.

Can someone point me in the right direction or even be so kind as to design something for me ?

I'm also looking for a recommendation in Dublin of where to go to get the work done. The original was put on in Brens of Gardiner street in the mid 90s but he no longer trades from there AFAIK.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

For a cover-up you're going to have to go see the tattoo artist you intend to do the work really, not sure who in Ireland has much experience with cover-ups though. Basically they'll try figure out some way to work what is there into the design as you can't just ink over an old tattoo and hide it behind the new ink. This does mean that odds are the cover up will have to be bigger than the current tattoo. Hopefully one of the other members can point you towards someone with experience at designing and doing cover-ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sounds like I'm constantly pimpin the guy out, but Mariusz in Snakebite has some very good cover up jobs in his gallery on the site, and they're nice and colourful too, he's not covering everything up with just black.

Advertisement