Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charcoal Grill

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe they watched Soup Nazi from Seinfeld :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I'm definitely in agreement with Robbo on this one. The Salty Sultan is great - it tastes great drunk or sober and it's as close as I've come to feeling even remotely 'healthy' when having a donor kebab meal for diner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Ye're tempting me into gonig around to every one of these places and having a meal - that couldn't be good for the oul insides :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

nedward wrote:
    Yeah, staff in Charcoal can be a bit unfriendly at times. Nice nosh though!

To be fair they do well to keep their cool at all with the place rammed to the gills with drunken yahoos.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

nedward wrote:
    Yeah, staff in Charcoal can be a bit unfriendly at times. Nice nosh though!

I'd call them polite more than unfriendly they don't really get into unnecessary conversations but still there not bastards. Personally I prefer it than fcukers behind counter who talk sh1te away to ya and then let your burger burn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

I'm definitely in agreement with Robbo on this one. The Salty Sultan is great - it tastes great drunk or sober and it's as close as I've come to feeling even remotely 'healthy' when having a donor kebab meal for diner.

Yup, I prefer the Sultan to the Charcoal Grill as well. Kebabs are nicer, slightly larger, cheaper and the salad tends to be fresher, in my experience. Friendly guys too. Ye can't beat a chicken doner from the Sultan after a feed of pints in Sally's :D

Dalfiatach wrote:
    Yup, I prefer the Sultan to the Charcoal Grill as well. Kebabs are nicer, slightly larger, cheaper and the salad tends to be fresher, in my experience. Friendly guys too. Ye can't beat a chicken doner from the Sultan after a feed of pints in Sally's :D

Where's this Sultan place? Gonna have to give it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

In between Java's and Sally Long's, across the road from CPs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

They are so good..best place to go after a night out...how sad I even know some of the workers by name....i need a life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

by far the best thing about the C Grill is the burger sauce...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

No word of a lie....myself and a mate were tripping after a kebab in the charcoal grill a couple of years ago, as in LSD. We were tripping for at least 5 hours laughing our heads off, God honest truth, no other explanation other than it had something to do with the kebab. They dopped a few tabs in the sauce, magic!:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Bass Cadet wrote:
    No word of a lie....myself and a mate were tripping after a kebab in the charcoal grill a couple of years ago, as in LSD. We were tripping for at least 5 hours laughing our heads off, God honest truth, no other explanation other than it had something to do with the kebab. They dopped a few tabs in the sauce, magic!:D
    Spiked kebabs, it's a serious problem. You turn your back when he's putting on the chilli sauce, they slip in a roofie and *BAM* you wake up with a sore arse and a taste of elephant leg in your mouth.

Never leave your kebab unattended.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Robbo wrote:
    Spiked kebabs, it's a serious problem. You turn your back when he's putting on the chilli sauce, they slip in a roofie and *BAM* you wake up with a sore arse and a taste of elephant leg in your mouth.

Never leave your kebab unattended.

Kebab wasn't left unattended. It was a straight-up, stumble-in, order some sort of kebab, out the door and 15 mins later, walls are suddenly the funniest thing I've ever seen. if it was just me on my own I'd probably have put it down to some weird flashback but since my mate was also off his head, it was 100% agreed that the Charcoal had given our kebab sauce an extra unexpected treat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

Bass Cadet wrote:
    Kebab wasn't left unattended. It was a straight-up, stumble-in, order some sort of kebab, out the door and 15 mins later, walls are suddenly the funniest thing I've ever seen. if it was just me on my own I'd probably have put it down to some weird flashback but since my mate was also off his head, it was 100% agreed that the Charcoal had given our kebab sauce an extra unexpected treat :D

To be fair, most of those types of drugs (lsd mushrooms etc) take a lot longer than 15 mins to act..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

*ahem*

I hereby lay claim to this pound of delicious creditflesh.
    PH2007080601372.jpg

kevmy wrote:
    SyxPak wrote:
    Been going to the Happy Turk of late.

It's the novelty.

Wheres that?
    Robbo wrote:
    Saucy Sultan, surely? On Abbeygate St, just across from Hades.

I've been there just the once and had a wholly satisfactory mixed doner that tasted good despite being sober.

It shall from here on in be known as the Happy Turk. Or there'll be heck to pay at the beers!

to be honest, I don't understand what the Cannucks are worried aboot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

how about a boards curry cheese chip get together?

JIZZLORD wrote:

Sound, see ya otuside Kebab house at around 2am tomorrow morning. I'll be the one with curry all over my hands and cheese dangling from my mouth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Everybody loves the Charcoal. I worked with a lad last Summer, the two fo us shared the passion for the Turkish institution. Anyways on his last night out in Galway before heading for Austrailia for a year, there was a going away party and of course ended up at the Grill. When we told the lads that he was leaving, they presented him with a kebab with Doner and Skish chicken on the house. A tear came to his eye...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's only when I'm really really drunk that I end up there, pity. All I remember about it is drinking half a can of 7up I found and falling asleep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brinepacer

JohnCleary wrote:
    The sound people have gone. That girl in there is a total cnut. The foreign lad's are sound enough but not dead sound tbh
    She's always been dead sound to me and anyone i know. She has a good head for faces so maybe she remembers you.

I had been going to Saucy Sultan recently due to their sheer convience of location right beside CP's..

but then i went to Charcoal last week, had two lamb donors it was so sexy :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

JohnCleary wrote:
    The sound people have gone. That girl in there is a total cnut. The foreign lad's are sound enough but not dead sound tbh
    She's always sound with me. Maybe she pities my incoherence when I try to say "lettuceonionsburgersauceplease" after a skinful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

JIZZLORD wrote:

Why you think im trying to organise a Meet for Sept 1st at Roisin Dubh....Kebab house only a few feet away!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Had a charcoal large chicken donar on saturday night nad it was so damn good.

Was looking forward to it at about 2am but had to wait around till the rest finished up their drinks. Only lettuce and burger sauce on mine, anything else repeats on me in the morning and besides he puts more chicken in it when they are the only toppings I get.

Lamb, DOUBLE GARLIC, lettuce and onion.

Oh yes.

Robbo wrote:
    She's always sound with me. Maybe she pities my incoherence when I try to say "lettuceonionsburgersauceplease" after a skinful.

I actually got a laugh out of her the last day, believe it or not! Mind you, it's cause she said it was the first time she ever saw me in there sober.

Yes people, I did it, I went to the Kebab House... SOBER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Well after this long thread on these "great establishments" i decided id give Kebab house a go on the way home.NEVER again,the (what i can only describe now as) asshole behind the counter decided to serve me two portions of stone cold onion rings, i dont even think they had been cooked.I should have been a bit more suspicious when they were served up straight away with a funny look but i would have expected better after recommendations here.The food is as good as how the place looks, Sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

How anyone could walk into the Kebab House when the Bamboo Chinese takeaway is right beside it is beyond me! I just remember having their Monster (1/2lb) burger and having a does of the sh1ts the next day that would haunt me for weeks...

• Advertisement
Advertisement