Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Goal that wasn't! Rant !

Options
  • 06-08-2007 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

Feeling a little peeved off.

I had a decent treble investment in Meath to win the football (5/2), Cork to beat Sligo by +5 points and Kilkenny to beat Wexford +11.5 points.

That 'goal that wasn't' in the Kilenny/Wexford was a real kick in the goolies. Whatever about making a misjudgement about an incident (e.g was it a foul or not, was he in the square before the ball etc....).... There is no justification for an umpire saying the ball had crossed the line, unless he physically seen it had done, it is a matter of fact (or not as the case may be).
    To make things worse the ball wasn't even close to being over the line. The umpire obviously had a bet that Kilekenny would win less than the handicap of 11.5pts.

Not a happy bunny.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Bernard Hopkins

happens the best of us,..... seen 3 goals put in 5 minutes (88th=3injury time) to dig a hole in my balance one time with Villareal,......

actually ive had so many nearly massive scoops, that i now just trade for free bets if at all possible. i just heap all the profits onto one side , and cover my initial stake.

i'll take a risk with boxing, cause i follow it, but never more than say 20 - 30 euro.

Apart from an up coming fight Mayorga v Vargas,.... heavily investing on a "not to last 12 rounds" market if i can get 1.5 + odds !!

Advertisement