Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sligo Post

Options
  • 06-08-2007 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

is it still going? the on-line version hasnt been update for a few weeks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

It was out last week. I'm not that impressed with it to be honest, but maybe thats just me. Just wondering when they are gonna start charging for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mayosteve99

Its better than ''The Scene'':P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Its better than ''The Scene'':P

That ain't hard tbh!

The post is still on the go. If I spot a copy i'll pick it up but it's the same as reading the weekender. In fact the last copy I read had the exact same article titles as the weekender. I would guess the articles were proabably the same.

I think one of the bad things about The Post, is no classified ads or small trade ads.
    Their cheapest ad is 60 euro which I think is a mad price.
    Also I just can't see the point of the fashion pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

magnumlady wrote:
    It was out last week. I'm not that impressed with it to be honest, but maybe thats just me. Just wondering when they are gonna start charging for it.

I doubt they'll start charging, the company who owns the post names owns a dozen other papers which do the same thing and to the best of my knowledge they are all free. The fashion pages are to fill up the paper of course! Its filler, just like the out and about pics. I'm looking for a job for the year or longer and the post had an ad in it, so I'm hoping they will take me on, which will make the paper ten times better, lolz!

• Advertisement

They also do the Leitrim Post and Donegal Post that used to be free and they are now charging for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

To be honest, i've noticed less grammar and spelling mistakes in 'The Post' than in 'The Sligo Champion'! :D

Decent free paper - i'm still amazed at the price of The Sligo Champion (horrific and outdated) and The Weekender (this recent development of passing off online interviews with celebs as our own has got to stop - don't say "We talk to the creator of The Simpsons, Matt Groening" unless you actually sent someone from the paper out to a press conference / interview).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

anyone know why the Posts on line edition hasnt been updated since 18th of July??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

The only paper that updates regularly online is the Weekender.
    The Champion is nearly always a week behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

Gillie wrote:
    The only paper that updates regularly online is the Weekender.
    The Champion is nearly always a week behind.
    actually the champion is usually good and the post was bang on until three weks ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

The Leitrim and Donegal posts were never free. The Letterkenny one always was and has been for well over a year afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Just got the latest edition delivered to my house (Sligo Post) :)

basquille wrote:
    To be honest, i've noticed less grammar and spelling mistakes in 'The Post' than in 'The Sligo Champion'! :D

Decent free paper - i'm still amazed at the price of The Sligo Champion (horrific and outdated) and The Weekender (this recent development of passing off online interviews with celebs as our own has got to stop - don't say "We talk to the creator of The Simpsons, Matt Groening" unless you actually sent someone from the paper out to a press conference / interview).

Yeah that's a daft idea all right, I wish they'd drop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

The "fashion" pages are an absolute joke.. they look like the clothes were thrown on the floor and taken with a disaposable.. which is probably not far from the truth. Not to mention they're all cheap and nasty.
    Everyone just gets it for the "Out & About" pages.

In fairness its not like there's an awful lot of news in Sligo. How much coverage has the Shopping centre been getting for no good reason? Not that I'm saying that makes the fashion or out and about stuff a good idea, but they have to fill the pages somehow....(and I haven't heard back from them, feckers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MaryFeeney80

Has anyone noticed that the Post has gotten better in the last few weeks? must be the new look

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I saw the July 1 edition of the Sligo Post and I wasn't impressed!

Seemed like the same old useless crap as always.

this week's was good tho
    mad story about hunting holidays on the front

Nice pics of lovely ladies in nite clubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Has anyone noticed that the Post has gotten better in the last few weeks? must be the new look

:rolleyes:
    It's gotten worse if anything tbh. Poor spelling, grammar and syntax are abound in the paper. The articles are nothing more than a joke frankly.

The only section I can't fault, is the sports section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I suspect Mary Feeney, age 29, location Sligo, (pick a better user name love) may be an employee of The Sligo Post. I am open to correction on this.

I haven't seen it in months, thought it had folded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

tbh the Sligo Weekender website either doesn't have that much news either. Is there nothing happening in Sligo right now? It's the freekin summer, the papers should be buzzing with news. The Jazz Festival is getting under way now, they should be doing a full spread on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I suspect Mary Feeney, age 29, location Sligo, (pick a better user name love) may be an employee of The Sligo Post. I am open to correction on this.

I haven't seen it in months, thought it had folded.

Well, if she's trying to drum up interest in what I can only hope is a soon to be folding rag, then she's barking up the wrong tree here!

It's good for cleaning windows:D
    They published a pic of my daughter last year, not only did they get her name wrong they gave her a boys name.....she was not impressed. To top it all off they did the same the following week.

Employee? No. Just moved back from Dublin and hadn't seen it in ages. Just joined boards cos i'm unemployed v bored... and sligo's not buzzing! i couln't belive how quiet the town was this weekend. glad to see the garavogue open again though.

Advertisement