Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smyths Policy?

Options
  • 06-08-2007 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭

Bought a preowned ps2 game a few days ago, doesnt work! Lost receipt (I know, idiot!!) But I used my Loyalty card to buy, so would they have a record of it on the system?

and anyone know if I can exchange for another game in a different Smyths branch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Sorry to say that if you lost the receipt then theres no hope of a refund. Unless you know someone behind the counter there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Chumpski wrote:
    Sorry to say that if you lost the receipt then theres no hope of a refund. Unless you know someone behind the counter there?

I do, a gift voucher or replacement game is all I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I brought something back there once with no receipt. The guy asked if I knew the exact date I bought it, luckily I did. He looked it up, saw there was that item sold on that day and replaced it for me. That was a few years ago now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Try and go up to the sales assistant who sold you the game and see if he remembers you. I'd normally do a refund for someone if they've not got a receipt but I remember them.

They'll probably do it anyway cos it's not like you want your money back, just a replacement game.

Advertisement