Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung tv SP43W6HL

• 06-08-2007 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭

I have a samsung rear projection tv.
    Its about 18 months old id say.
    Just bought an xbox 360 and im having a serious problem.
    The xbox wont display in 1080i.
    The reason i seem to have found on some obscure forum being that the samsung
    only accepts 1080i @ 50hz which the xbox wont output at.
    Anyone know if this is at all true? and if it is, is there any workaround or
    is it a case of live with it or buy a new tv?
    Thanks for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭guest

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372988

According to this it'll accept 720p but not 1080i. Besides, progressive, in my opinion anyway, is actually rather better picture-wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

After doin more research it seems my tv doesnt support a bucket load of hd devices.
    It wont display 1080i at 60hz which is a disgrace.
    Im sickened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Yeah your in a bit of a bind there as that particular TV only supports 1080i at 50Hz no 60hz support or 720p support either.

The best it offers is 576p you can switch down to SD mode on the component cable of the Xbox 360 and at least it will work on that.

(PS3 is in the same boat as Xbox 360 just in case your wondering)

My memory is a little foggy on this but in SD mode set it as PAL 50Hz then switch back to HD mode and try 1080i it might just work but you have one big problem some games will only work in 1080i 60Hz mode so your stumped if it's one of those titles.

Advertisement