Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time travel, What would you do?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I would go back to 1997 and put something apart from Psychology on my CAO-CAS form :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

rediguana wrote:
    I would go back to 1997 and put something apart from Psychology on my CAO-CAS form :(

That's so weird.. I was about to say the same thing except change 1997 to 2002 and change psychology to chemistry. Seriously, What was I thinking?! Did I think about the consequences of that little from at all... i must have been on drugs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I'd go back millions and millions of years and wipe out all life on earth just to see how the universe sorts out that mess.:D :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

farohar wrote:
    Iwipe out all life on earth just to see how the universe

Slightly beyond the capabilties of your average time machine no? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭constellation

impr0v wrote:
    Me too. The world would be a different place if I could save Jack, and Bobby.

Some people think it could have been worse had Jack lived (scientific reference: some Red Dwarf episode).

I wouldn't save him. I just want to know if Oswald was really acting alone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I would go back in time and kill baby jesus and mohammed and then see if the world turns out any better, if it is worse I will then go back in time and stop myself from killing them oh and oh invest in a start up company called microsoft,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

zuutroy wrote:
    Slightly beyond the capabilties of your average time machine no? :p
    Bringing back bio-chemical weapons, nukes or any other WMD beyond the ability of the average time machine?!?! What is there a really low load limit or is this one of the Terminator style ones that sends you back in the nip?!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

CuLT wrote:
    Honestly? While the ol' lotto numbers would be high on the priority list, I'd feel morally obligated to snuff out the life of every child molestor/child killer in history.

I'd probably lose my humanity in the process and become a monster, but I don't think anyone could fault me.

Now there's a dark one for ya!

But would you kill them when their children, and so innocent of their crimes, or as an adult just before they kill?.. (but at this stage their presumed innocent too!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

1) Go back about 4 years and stop myself from ****ing up a great relationship!
    2) Pay a bit more attention in college
    3) Tell my younger self that mammy does know best!
    4) Get some regaine aged 15 and use it everyday!
    5) Stop them from stopping making the a team and stargate SG 1
    6) Steal that oen from limericks euro millions ticket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Travel to the few minutes of tonight's lotto, and get the numbers :D

Or travel 10-15 to see who my wife is, if I've kids and if i'm as miserable as these married couples seem to be these days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I think I'd waste it and go back and stalk the older woman I had an slight infatuation with when I was a teenager. Man she was fine.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'd pick a time - let's say 15:00 and sit in a room with my device. At a set time, say 17:00 for example's sake, I'd go back in time to the same room. Me1 and Me2 now co-exist alongside each other (Me2 being obviously 2 hours older).
    Now when it comes to another set time (let's say 17:00 again), Me2 gets back into the time machine, travels backwards to 15:00, thus having Me1, Me2, and Me3 in the same room.

Repating the above process will allow me to build up an army of Mes which could go forth and conquer the world. To avoid harm, I'd have to have Me1 protected first (to stop potential causality issues) and radiate from there outwards. Thus if Me25 got killed, or somehow prevented from meeting the deadline to go backwards, I'd only lose Me25+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Go back and watch Pele play in person.
    Testify!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

62 posts in and still nobody has said it... I'm a little disturbed, but I suppose I'll have to carry the torch.

I'd obviously do yore ma ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

passive wrote:
    62 posts in and still nobody has said it... I'm a little disturbed, but I suppose I'll have to carry the torch.

I'd obviously do yore ma ;).

obviously you haven't read the 5TH post in the thread then :p

I'd hide it away and demand that i be made ruler of the world, anyone who resists would be removed from existance. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Orange69 wrote:
    Kinda like a fish trying to figure out how a computer works...

1+0=1
    0+1=1
    1+1=0
    0+0=0

s'not complicated.

Ye're all thinking small with the lotto - I'd register ****loads of patents. Every time you'd buy anything I'd be getting a cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Put Nelson Mandela back in jail where he belongs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

id : go back, kidnap hitler, bring him forward and put him in a synagouge full of gay jews.

go and get the winning numbers of the euromillions

go and get the leaving cert 2007 maths soloutions so i could go back and help myself,

go back and shoot george bush and enda kenny as kids

go forward, find out some invention that makes billions, steal the idea go back and make it,

Mairt wrote:
    But would you kill them when their children, and so innocent of their crimes, or as an adult just before they kill?.. (but at this stage their presumed innocent too!).

Easier than that, just have a fling with the molestor's mother, and tell the father (before it's conceived). Chances the child woudn't be born!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

1+0=1
    0+1=1
    1+1=0
    0+0=0

s'not complicated.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

go 500 hundred years into the future, see if its better than now, then 500 years further, see if its better than 500 before, repeat until the ideal time period is found. Or

go back to Ancient Greece, introduce modern technology to the philosophers, enjoy the show across the centuries up till the renaissance, then return to now and see if the world is a nuclear desert or 3000 years more advanced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i would go back to the early 1960's and morph into ursula andress'es knickers for her part in dr.no, failing that, i would go to hyrule and be link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I'd go back to all those will I won't I make a move where you didn't but subsequently found out the bird likes you. After my knob fell off I'd come back to the present

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

failing that I'd go back and have a bash at euromillions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Mairt wrote:
    Either that or I'd like to see what fighting in the GPO (1916) was like.
    I've always wanted to witness the entire independence struggle from 1916-1923. There's many periods of history I'd like to have witnessed, but this is very definitely top of the list.

I'd also love to have seen Queen play at Slane. Or anywhere else, come to think of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Kill Sarah Connor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Go back to 1990 and pass the Harry Potter novels off as my own, making millions and make J.K. Rowling think she's insane because I had stolen the idea right out of her head.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Back to the future?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

nothing. messing with anything leaves the chance of changing everything. who knows if we'd even still be alive int he present if the past was changed.. because the present, wouldnt be the present..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

nothing. messing with anything leaves the chance of changing everything. who knows if we'd even still be alive int he present if the past was changed.. because the present, wouldnt be the present..

Someone always spoils the fun, by bringing logic into the conversation. Why can't you just let us dream, challengemaster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

because :p

Advertisement