Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer

Options
  • 06-08-2007 10:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, I'm a cheeky bastard for even suggesting it, but I'm taking a break from non-eatage for 2 weeks so I'm going drinking on Friday week - the 17th - with or without ye. If ye all turn up we'll call it a going-away session for all the **** that are going away, if ye don't I'll call it an adam-got-langers-on-his-own-in-the-pub session. Win win for me. I will not be going to Hillbillies afterwards. Absolutely not.

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I think my liver actually punched me for just reading the work "beer".

It was a long weekend.......

I may end up having to drive on Friday. I'm supposed to collect someone from the airport at 1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Not this Friday, Friday week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thats the 17th right? I think I'm around for a few pints then :)

A few?

Ok so, my weight in beer. That should be enough to kill us all :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

\o/ drinking!
    though i should prolly avoid cider where possible :S

So a cider for Tree, and an Old Fashioned for JohnK. Fysh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'll be drinking that day but it'll be away on a stag do :(

Just imagine I'd sitting next to you absolutly ****-faced because with the heavy drinkers going on this stag, that's what I'll be.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I should be along for at least part of the night; there's a leaving do on for some of the crowd I work with so I must show the face, but given the less-than-stellar way the last one went I might just leave a photo at the pub to horrify them all and disappear off drinking with you lot instead :D

Blitz reminds me to mention that this will be Round One of the Stag Planning Sessions. There isn't a lot to plan really, it'll be a pub crawl in Cobh, but we wouldn't want to make any mistakes with the nitty-gritty details now would we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Ye've a date set already then?

General area. Going to the hotel tomorrow to try to nail it down.

29th of July darlings. No excuses will be tolerated that evening. Scouts will be dispatched to check up on absentees. The newly-ordained foreigners will be dragged back into the country kicking and screaming. Blitz's Continental will mysteriously disappear for a day. ned78 will wear sunglasses on stage and hope no-one will recognise him. rymus will document the evening from an angle of 17° (because of the drink) and in macro mode (cos he likes macro mode). Fysh will be on-hand if someone runs short of insults. And of course JohnK will still be in the country.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

dahamsta wrote:
    29th of July darlings. No excuses will be tolerated that evening. Scouts will be dispatched to check up on absentees. The newly-ordained foreigners will be dragged back into the country kicking and screaming. Blitz's Continental will mysteriously disappear for a day. ned78 will wear sunglasses on stage and hope no-one will recognise him. rymus will document the evening from an angle of 17° (because of the drink) and in macro mode (cos he likes macro mode). Fysh will be on-hand if someone runs short of insults. And of course JohnK will still be in the country.

adam

And I clearly won't be invited...sniff!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

And I clearly won't be invited...sniff!

I believe you'll be in charge of either the kicking and screaming or the laughing at JohnK for still not having left the country...although I was hoping that would be more of a team event, myself :D

Ah, what kind of party would it be without a ginger to poke fun at?

Fysh wrote:
    I believe you'll be in charge of either the kicking and screaming or the laughing at JohnK for still not having left the country...although I was hoping that would be more of a team event, myself :D
    Yeah yeah laugh it up but I'll be the one laughing when I'm on a plane to sunnier climes :cool:

Waterford is it?

Cheeky fecker! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

JohnK wrote:
    Yeah yeah laugh it up but I'll be the one laughing when I'm on a plane to sunnier climes :cool:
    i dont think you can fly there

• Advertisement

I'm going to tape cardboard wings to the side of a bus and call it a plane :)

awwwww, ingenious. you need to drink more, you've brain cells to spare it would appear

Have we any preferences for venues? Would anyone fancy a munch first?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmunch. sounds yummy. where do you suggest?

I was going to suggest the Long Island for cocktails followed by Captain Americas, but that didn't really work out the last time. :) How about the Enterprise at the bottom of Barrack Street? They do nice grub.

Sounds good to me. I trust they also serve beer?

Yup.

they do savage grub :) avoid teh carrot and orange soup though. what time?

I'm easy, what suits ye?

• Advertisement

I'm easy too

Advertisement