Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ombudsman? any good?

Options
  • 06-08-2007 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

This incident happend in 2004. my car was towed away. The street I was parked on had no parking regulations at all, no double yellow lines, no P sign, nothing. The fine to release it had to be paid for and I was informed by the helpful counter person that it was parked within 5 metres of a corner. Having taken photos of the street to show that there was no parking regulations in place and When I appealed it to the council, I was told that it was within 5 metres of a corner and would not be refunded. About 2 months later I actually saw a car being removed from an adjoining street by a tow truck and ........placed in the exact location that my car was towed away from... :confused: I took a picture with my camera phone while driving past and the preview picture is rather small but shows the car perfectly legal whereas the large phone picture is a blurr :mad: .Ive been thinking of sending off all the info to the ombudsman but the incident has to have happened within the previous I2 months. Since then Ive noticed double yellow lines and a loading bay in the same street and also took pictures of a few other street corners which clearly show the white lines within 5 metres of ANY junction. Anyone else suffer like this ?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Whatever happened after your incident isn't really relevant.
    However, it is illegal to park within 5m of a junction because it can be dangerous. The fact that in your situation there were no parking regulations in place is irrelevant - ignorance of the law is not an excuse! Likewise (but may not be the case in your situation), most jusctions will have a solid white line in the centre - you cannot park adjacent to these.
    What ombudsman were you thinking of? The Garda Ombudsman? Was it the Gardai that towed your car?
    Just swallow your pride and stop thinking that you have suffered!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

The general ombudsman, the council tow-truck took the car away. In its place when I returned was a large VW van parked for the rest of the day. A few weeks later I saw a car being taken from another street, due to road surfacing, by a council tow ruck and placed in the exact space that my car had been towed away from, the previous few weeks. That doesnt make any sense if you tow/clamp in one space and then the tow/clamp lorry considers it a parking space for another vehicle another day....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Parking within 5 metres of a junction is the height of ignorance and needlessly endangers the lives of others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Get over it.

Advertisement