Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So my line finally passes, now what?

Options
  • 07-08-2007 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

My line rental is with eircom. my calls with talktalk. I dont want to change any of that. I would rather not give eircom more money...so whats left on offer?

TT dont do BB...yet.

my line passes both eircom and perlico's tests (i wanted a second opinion!)

so here are my questions:

do all the fixed line BB ISP's have minimum contracts?
    what ISP is best value for money (prob a 1Mb package as i dont think my line is up for anything better)
    Is there an online line checker i can use that will give me more details than the bog standard eircom one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

They all seem to have minimum contract periods. Eircom for broadband alone is 6 months, I think the others are 12. Perlico is 12 months anyway.

If you transfer line rental and calls to BT, you can get the whole lot and the 1Mbps broadband aswell for €40.

If you want to stick with TalkTalk for calls, I think that eircom actually offer the best value as you only have a 6 month minimum period and there's currently no connection fee. I'm considering getting eircom bb for the 6 months and then transferring to a cheaper p/m package if the service is okay. No connection charge if you're going from one broadband operator to another I believe.

I'd be glad to be corrected on any of the above.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

bundles of bb+ calls are 12 months contract with eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BuCkoTroN

Well check the eircom TT pacakages that are on offer with the bundles it might work out cheaper for the calls :D

Advertisement