Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conch piercing

Options
  • 07-08-2007 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a conch piercing on my lunch break tomorrow. I just want a little jewelled stud but I'm not quite sure what kinda jewellery goes with it? In Celestial Ring you have to pay extra for it but was wondering if I had anything I could bring with me from home. From pics I've seen the most common ones are bars and rings but neither particularly interests me as I'd rather have something a little smaller. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

No reputable place will use jewellery you bring in - in CR they actually say it in the price leaflet, from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I had a look in the window and it just said €35 + cost of jewellery. What are the most common types of jewellery for it so I can have a think before I get it done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

The most common types would be a ring or a barbell. I don't think the gemmed/acrylic ends are an initial option because I don't think they can be autoclaved/sterlised, but once it's healed you can pop a fancy bead onto the ring or a fancy screw on ball for the barbell no bother.

Cool. I got a plain barbell for it. Figured it'd be easier to maintain than a ring during the whole healing malarky. Can't wait to get something a little more interesting for it.

Bodyartforms.com have some gorgeous bits and bobs if you're looking to jazz up a ring or bar, I'm going to order a load of cat-eye balls for my jewellery...

• Advertisement

Nice link. You ordered before? Just curious about the quality as the prices are so low.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

http://www.wildcat.co.uk/acatalog/

Good place for decent jewellery, CR in Stephens Green is now a WildCat dealer so whatever you find on the site you can get them to order in.

Bodyartforms is fantastic. I used to go with Wildcat but BAF are cheaper and quicker and their customer service is great, stuff usually takes a week to get here where with wildcat I've been left waiting 3 weeks or more somtimes.

GaRtH_V wrote:
    http://www.wildcat.co.uk/acatalog/

Good place for decent jewellery, CR in Stephens Green is now a WildCat dealer so whatever you find on the site you can get them to order in.

But they're damn expensive! I'm a poor student on minimum wage so the cheaper the better. 10 euros per ball is a bit much on my budget if I want any kind of variety. At least that's what the Dublin shops seem to charge and have done the last couple of times I've bought stuff.

Advertisement