Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Raw GM (Raw Spoiler)

• 07-08-2007 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭

damn

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Don't be posting spoilers in thread titles

Is there something wrong with Regal as GM or are you pleased? I only hope this doesn't mean he won't wrestle as much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

Fozzy wrote:
    Don't be posting spoilers in thread titles

Is there something wrong with Regal as GM or are you pleased? I only hope this doesn't mean he won't wrestle as much
    sorry and no i am not pleased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'd rather see him as WWE/World Champion (he deserves it) or at least Intercontinental Champion, but RAW GM will do. I hope he is as good as when he was commissioner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Months of holding out on a GM and they decide in 5 minutes

Not a bad choice though Regals comedic acting skills are great, facial expressions reactions etc

No other wrestler is believable it kind of suits him

Minto wrote:
    I'd rather see him as WWE/World Champion (he deserves it) or at least Intercontinental Champion, but RAW GM will do. I hope he is as good as when he was commissioner.
    Why?i mean he never dose anything

• Advertisement

He has consistently good matches and he's easily one of the most entertaining guys on the mic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

EdK wrote:
    Months of holding out on a GM and they decide in 5 minutes

Not a bad choice though Regals comedic acting skills are great, facial expressions reactions etc

No other wrestler is believable it kind of suits him

I don't really give a **** about a GM, but yeah gotta love the faces and he is great on the mic so if anyone should do it, it should be him. Hopefully they can do something with it but I feel he is better off in the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Regal is great in the role. The rest of Raw looks bizzare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Fantastic, loved it when he was commissioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

Regal was always such a good heel though, I think that having him in the top level fighting for a world title would have been perfect.

The Edge/Regal feud in 2002 was one of the best I've seen from either of them and Regal I have to say I've never seen him do anything badly. He truly is the guy you love to hate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Just too bad Jericho isn't around to piss in his tea! :D
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Is Tajiri still around as Regal's man slave?

And what was the point in the draft if Regal just goes back to raw. Sure they could've done the same with Kennedy and put the belt on him. Sham

Bubs101 wrote:
    Sure they could've done the same with Kennedy and put the belt on him. Sham

They may have different plans for him.

Bubs101 wrote:
    Is Tajiri still around as Regal's man slave?

Nope, but Jimmy Wang Yang isn't doing f*ck all of note ;)
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

Can i ask you once and for all VR!, why after every single post do you put VR! at the end of it. I mean we already know who the **** you are. I dont know why but it irritates the hell out of me.
    R.Rated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Bit OT, but when Orton and Carlito were talking to Regal in McMahons office, did Orton saw WWF Champion where it was cencored? Seems like he did.

R.Rated wrote:
    Can i ask you once and for all VR!, why after every single post do you put VR! at the end of it. I mean we already know who the **** you are. I dont know why but it irritates the hell out of me.
    R.Rated!

Meh, half of the sigs on boards and other forums annoy the hell out of me, but you don't hear me bitching about it. It's there, deal wth it! :P

VR!

bennyx_o wrote:
    Bit OT, but when Orton and Carlito were talking to Regal in McMahons office, did Orton saw WWF Champion where it was cencored? Seems like he did.

I think he did, it definitely seemed a bit random. It would only draw your attention to it more though

I really enjoyed that Raw from the bits I watched, it was WWE doing what it does best. That dating game segment was awesome, I'm almost startin to like Santino and his dodgy accent now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Orton definitely said WWF but they did a great edit job.

I'm all for Regal as GM but what a strange move to get the Dating Game going first. I guess no matter how good the person on screen is, he's still only a messenger boy for the Nickelodeon writers.

Fozzy wrote:
    I really enjoyed that Raw from the bits I watched, it was WWE doing what it does best. That dating game segment was awesome, I'm almost startin to like Santino and his dodgy accent now

Yeah, the dating game segment was tremendous and they have something Santino as a sleazy guy with a dodgy Italian accent.

There were other parts of the show that weren't great though.

Vince McMahon taking his frustrations out on congress and the media live on Raw also isn't the brightest move.

• Advertisement

Vince McMahon taking his frustrations out on congress and the media live on Raw also isn't the brightest move.

Yeah, I didn't see those bits but it sounds fairly stupid. It's along the lines of that steroid press release they did

The ending was great too, I was waiting to see what Paul London would do. I'm ok with this Vince angle now because I don't think he'll be getting involved in the ring, I just hope he doesn't take up too much tv time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I think the GM gimmick suits Regal, he has the best character to do it....couldn't really have seen any others in that match becoming GM tbh!

Just hopes he is still involved in matches, but i'm sure he will be entertaining as GM too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

I just remembered the worst part of Raw last night, Kennedy's promo. For a man who is normally great on the mic, that was just horrible.
    A few people on other forums think Kennedy is going to be Vince's bastard child, which would be weird.

Double C wrote:
    A few people on other forums think Kennedy is going to be Vince's bastard child, which would be weird.

Figure 4 have said that that was the plan before they stopped the limo angle. There was a feud between him and HHH rumoured before he moved to Raw, apparently that will be taking place if Kennedy is his son

That promo was horrible alright. He's capable of so much better

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone notice Regal could'nt say Umaga's name properly. He kept saying UMANGA

I noticed that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

WEIRD EH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭van damme

Regal is going to be a grear GM - he's hilarious. I noticed him saying "Umanga", and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was deliberate!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

And Cel-ito. I hope he doesn't completely stop wrestling. I have to be honest though. His matches bore the sh1t out of me. He absolutely cracks me up on the mic though. Just so good. Raw was good. Well it would have been if that idiot in the other thread hadn't ruined it on me. I think Orton did say WWF and it was funny to see Vince make reference to Paul London smiling again. But how come "all contracted Raw stars" did not take part in the Battle Royal?

Yeah, where was Snitsky in the Battle Royal? He'd make a great GM :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

forbesii wrote:
    I think Orton did say WWF
    I thought he said WW-f*cking-E title, but I'd say he did say WWF, lol!

Double C wrote:
    Yeah, where was Snitsky in the Battle Royal? He'd make a great GM :p
    I do not think so

Advertisement