Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Elite Harddrive

• 07-08-2007 8:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey,

Can anyone tell me where I will be able to buy the elite Harddrive and how much they will be? Its my Boyf's bday in less than a month and I know he'd like one. I tried play.com but they dont even have it advertised.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

What I've read is that

1) The physical Hard Disk is compatible with a Euro 360, but
    2) The software to transfer information from an existing Hard Disk is region locked. (boo-hiss ... sneaky)

So you might be able to get it to work in the machine (good if you only have a Core), but transferring any save games or content won't work because the software to do it is region specific.

Might as well wait until the Elite launches here, just to be sure, Most likely they'll have the 120GB disks for sale.

If you only have a core system (no HD) then it might be worth checking it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Hey,

Can anyone tell me where I will be able to buy the elite Harddrive and how much they will be? Its my Boyf's bday in less than a month and I know he'd like one. I tried play.com but they dont even have it advertised.

Komplett will have some at the end of the month, 24th. Its €179 + €13 for delivery.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=338448

Most shops, Smyths, Gamestop, HMV, GAME etc will have it on that day aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Game were adverting the release of the elite on August 20th. Its on signs slapped acroos their window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

The Elite is out on the 24th and not the 21st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Game are wrong, it's the 24.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

All the posters in our store has it the 24th? You sure you haven't misread the signs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 rover2200

i think that the concle costs 499.99 euro

the hard drive i think costs 299.99

thats what i have heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

rover2200 wrote:
    i think that the concle costs 499.99 euro

thats what i have heard

Then you heard wrong, no way does the HDD cost €300, most places will have it in or around the €200 mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

rover2200 wrote:

untitled1qp2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

All the posters in our store has it the 24th? You sure you haven't misread the signs?

I probably did :p

Ah close enough :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Gamestop told me that the HDDs would cost €190.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I probably did :p

Ah close enough :).
    Sure the only reason I remember it is because it's my birthday!!

Advertisement