Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Company car - fined for no tax. Now what?

Options
  • 07-08-2007 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hey guys, just wondering if this has happened to anyone before?

Got caught with the company van at a check point with no tax on the van. Its only new, bout a month old but company have not yet given me the tax disc even though Ive been asking them for it almost every week. Garda said id be posted a fine. That is grand.

Its just annoying now. Even if I get the job to pay the fine, which I think they should as they are supposed to have it done already, will I have a record on my licence of driving without tax?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

There'll be no record on your license, it's just a fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

There will be no record on your licence, your company should pay the fine seeing as you have been asking about the tax. If they refuse to pay the fine then just refuse to drive the van until it's taxed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭bo-bo

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

Cool thanks. Been a bit caught in limbo. Cant drive myown car for business purposes because its not insured for it! So driving around in the van risking getting it seized because they havnt taxed it!! I suppose when I tell them the garda was kind enough just to give the fine rather than taking the car they'll hurry it up!!

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Cool thanks. Been a bit caught in limbo. Cant drive myown car for business purposes because its not insured for it! So driving around in the van risking getting it seized because they havnt taxed it!! I suppose when I tell them the garda was kind enough just to give the fine rather than taking the car they'll hurry it up!!

Thanks guys.
    AFAIK, tax has to be out for more than 3 months for them to sieze it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Anan1 wrote:
    AFAIK, tax has to be out for more than 3 months for them to sieze it.

Not true.They can seize whenever they want for no tax, they generaly just give 3 months grace. My brother in law was stopped in his van a couple of weeks out and the Garda treaten to take the van. He asked about the 3 months and the Garda just laughed at him

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

I wouldn't have cared if they'd have taken the van. Its not mine. Just a pain that the company wern't the ones who had to endure it and be asked the questions!!

Ah well. Will let you know how it goes with them anyway.

Advertisement