Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fitting stereo in a mkIV Golf

Options
  • 07-08-2007 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

I have a 2004 golf with the built in dash stereo... it looks nice but I want to upgrade it to a stereo that I already have. How do I go about this? Is there kits that can be used that don't take away from the look of the dash... I don't want it to look tacky after I put it in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

bump... anyone?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It should just slot in and the surround you got will make the area surrounding look like it all fits in place!!

I don't have an area surrounding...

That was kind of my question. At the moment it is the factory built dash with no modifications... basically if I took the stereo out now it would be at least twice the size of the standard sony stereo that I have. Basically where do I get a kit to fit the stereo... and if anyone has done it before could they send me a pic please?

BTW... woops its a mkV

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Goto www.manic-motorz.com
    Post up this topic there and someone will tell you exactly what needs to be done and have pics aswell!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you could use one of these,
    http://www.car-audio-accessories.co.uk/volkswagen-facia-convertor-p1724.html
    thumbnail_FP-17-03.jpg

my own thought on the subject is that the standard VW unit is pretty good quality, and there are plenty upgrades that can be done without changing the head-unit, there are CD changers, ipod adaptors, speaker upgrades, In my opinion, the stereo is the focal point of the Golf dash and you should think twice before removing it!

Advertisement