Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pimp My Ride, Tralee Car Show

Options
  • 07-08-2007 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Went to the thing yesterday, and OMG what a load of s**te. Paid €10 in the hope of seeing some drifting n diffing. Now I was full sure that these people knew what was involved in drifting but god was I and everyone wrong.

They wanted to hold the driftin and the diffing in a section where there was patches of tar and gravel on a very uneven ground, and more noticably concrete bollards. In the end the drifting and diffing was held on a large area of gravel with boulders.

In the end they gave victory to some plonker in his AE86 who was driving around in a big circle and tapping the accelerator every now and then (what a tool). The girl in the nissan silvia was 10 times better than this idiot, and the girl from Pimp My Ride even went up to her at the end and told her she had won. But, they gave that flippin donkey the victory:mad: , HOW?:confused:

Rant over:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Progen

Cromanian wrote:
    Went to the thing yesterday, and OMG what a load of s**te. Paid €10 in the hope of seeing some drifting n diffing. Now I was full sure that these people knew what was involved in drifting but god was I and everyone wrong.

They wanted to hold the driftin and the diffing in a section where there was patches of tar and gravel on a very uneven ground, and more noticably concrete bollards. In the end the drifting and diffing was held on a large area of gravel with boulders.

In the end they gave victory to some plonker in his AE86 who was driving around in a big circle and tapping the accelerator every now and then (what a tool). The girl in the nissan silvia was 10 times better than this idiot, and the girl from Pimp My Ride even went up to her at the end and told her she had won. But, they gave that flippin donkey the victory:mad: , HOW?:confused:

Rant over:mad:

That 'plonker' would be me.

And if youve ever driven a rwd car, you'd know you control its slide by playing the throttle.

Driving around in a big circle, what else was there to do, being planted in a big pile of ****ty gravel when I was expecting track action.

I gave as much variety as I could in the conditions of loose gravel, large stones, was tight around a cone both ways unlike most, was wide on the boundaries, and diddn't spin out either like both skylines, the chaved up bmw and whatever else there was.

So if you think you're hard enough come to Mondello and judge my driving on the 18th/19th this month :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cromanian

I do drive RWD, and yes I know you need to play with the throttle to control the slide. And since you understand this, why is it I saw no sliding up until the point where you finally gave up on doing the wide drifting (which never happened ) and concentrated on the make-do cone ( muppet on barrier).

Yes, granted the conditions were a bit harsh alright and maybe you were taking it easy in case it fell apart. But, the Silvia was tight around the cone too. The lads in the Skylines hadn't a clue either they just wanted to do a bit of wrecking. As for Mondello, all I'll say is best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cromanian

this is ur mans bro here!!!you call urself a drifter i call dat drivin round in circles??u wudnt drift ur way out of a paper bag u fool!!!and we mite just go to mondello!!!ur 1 in da silvia deserved 1st and ur man in da blue cam deserve 2nd place!!!guluk u pieball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I think you guys should 'chat' about this somewhere else. Really not a Kerry thread anymore is it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement