Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

brake rattle

Options
  • 07-08-2007 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

another thread for my dad's GS300.

He has a rattling sound coming from the drivers front wheel. Having had the carriers replaced and new pads fitted, what is left that could rattle about? I was thinking maybe the slider pins or pistons?

The brakes are a real soft point in these cars apparently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Don't know about about lexus brakes, but possibly the brake pad is ratting inside in the caliper beacause the retaining spring is loose/non existant?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

does the noise happen over light bumps?

does it disappear when you step lightly on the brake?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

bang on, rattles on bumps but disappears when the pedal is lightly pressed. the clip are definitely intact but I don't know they're condition they look pretty good.

Advertisement