Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter approaching. Fill oil tank now or wait?

Options
  • 07-08-2007 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

So thats the question.
    My tank is empty since spring and have not needed it over the summer.
    Currently Emo is looking for €618.92 for 1000 ltrs.
    So is this as good as it gets or will the price come down do you reckon?

We will not need it till late September early October i would say.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Saruman wrote:
    So thats the question.
    My tank is empty since spring and have not needed it over the summer.
    Currently Emo is looking for €618.92 for 1000 ltrs.
    So is this as good as it gets or will the price come down do you reckon?

We will not need it till late September early October i would say.

Not sure if it was a typo, but...

McLoughlins have an advert in this weeks Leader for 1000L of 'Home Heating Oil' for €315!!!!!

My tank is half full, but if that price is right, I am going to get it topped up regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

closer you get to winter the higher the demand and Im guessing the higher the price...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

prospect wrote:
    Not sure if it was a typo, but...

McLoughlins have an advert in this weeks Leader for 1000L of 'Home Heating Oil' for €315!!!!!

My tank is half full, but if that price is right, I am going to get it topped up regardless.
    There is no way that price is right. That's waaaay below cost. I'd reckon that's for 500 litres.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

TKK wrote:
    There is no way that price is right. That's waaaay below cost. I'd reckon that's for 500 litres.

I agree, but I read the ad a few times and it deffo says 1000L.
    I am guessing it is supposed to say €615 for 1000L or as you said €315 for 500L. Although, I have never seen Home Heating oil advertised in 500L volumes...

Actually, I just called them, and TKK, you are right. The ad should read 500L.

Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

I would hold out another month and see what happens after reading this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

I figured. My parents are in the oil business accross in the west so it was something of an educated guess...

I regularly see 500 litres advertised in the Kildare Times etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

prospect wrote:

Actually, I just called them, and TKK, you are right. The ad should read 500L.

I spotted that add too. I bet you that is going to cause them some grief. :D

Advertisement