Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I missing something in the whole Heinze transfer saga....

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

have the mirror in front of me, and they have an article about Rafas rant and Heinze appealling, then directly below it have an article confirming his move to Madrid last night. Strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

that's some mighty bad editing :)

Rafa's rant was making good points somewhat until he said United had it easy signing Tevez....

I doubt Madrid would sell Heinze to Liverpool to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

PHB wrote:
    He was always after a move to Real, but that didn't happen so he turned to Liverpool, but Real came in at the end. I'd wonder whether it was really 8 million though
    I really don't see the sense in your post tbh. By your reckoning he was using Liverpool as some sort of fulcrum to leverage his deal with RM.

However his "out" in this famous letter specified that it had to be an international team with whom he signed. RM are panic buying because they are the Champions and the league has not started yet???? (Or for whatever reasons) And they are willing to pay over the odds (reported €12M) and buy a player who had an out at €11M because they just have to??? It makes no sense at all.

The real story is probably closer to the truth in that Heinze did actually want to join Liverpool (surprise surprise) and once blocked from doing so he knew that he would be persona non grata at OT (as did SAF) who had an exit mech in place to sell him onto RM, which is what they did.

I just don't see all the cloak and dagger mystery around this. It looks like what it was to me, end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm not suggesting he didn't want to move to Liverpool, not suggesting he used Liverpool as a fulcrum, but I do believe at the start of the summer he wanted to move to Real.
    When that move didn't happen, he looked elsewhere, Liverpool being elsewhere. That has since broken down. He got lucky that Real were interested again.
    I doubt he's heartbroken about being at real madrid now.

Real Madrid needed another defender, re-ignited their interest in Heinze, were in a rush, didn't want the hassle, bid a million above the previous price (that clubs like Lyon were prepared to pay) and got an instant acceptance.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

Saw this on another board - thought it was funny :p

New Real Madrid signing Gabriel Heinze has demanded a move to Atletico Madrid,the BBC understands.

Minutes before his official unveiling as a Real Madrid player, Heinze confided
    in reporters that he was unhappy at his lack of playing time.

"I have not played a single minute since I arrived in Madrid," fumed the
    former Manchester United left-back.

"I have an agreement with [Real Madrid chairman] Mr. Calderon that I will
    be able to move to Atletico Madrid if they agree to pay the £8m fee," revealed Heinze.

Heinze, who has also enjoyed spells at Newell's Old Boys, Real Valladolid,
    Sporting and Paris Saint-Germain, found his appearances limited at Manchester
    United due to the sensational form of Patrice Evra. His stock sunk further
    following several below-par performances at centre-back during Manchester
    United's injury crisis in the final third of last season, including a calamitous
    error against AC Milan.

Real Madrid, however, were less than pleased at Heinze's apparent desire
    to move on.

"We are extremely disappointed, but we have made it clear that we do not
    intend to strengthen the team of a title rival. We will seek an international
    transfer," insisted Real Madrid manager Bernd Schuster.

Heinze, meanwhile, couldn't hide his bemusement at Real Madrid's refusal
    to sell him to fierce rivals Atletico Madrid.

"Why do they do this to me? I have shown Real Madrid the highest loyalty
    and respect. I only ask that they let me do what's best for my career and
    my family. I have given Real 100% and I hoped the club would respect my wishes," pleaded Heinze.

"However I am a professional, and I will continue to train until the outcome
    of the transfer tribunal my lawyers have initiated. I know the fans will
    understand.

Crystal Palace have been touted as a possible destination for the versatile
    Argentine, days after signing an agreement to become Liverpool's feeder club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Trizo wrote:
    Fan-feckin-tastic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PHB wrote:
    I'm not suggesting he didn't want to move to Liverpool, not suggesting he used Liverpool as a fulcrum,

I think he just wanted to play football.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Trizo wrote:
    Brilliant! :D
    Kdjacl wrote:
    I think he just wanted to play football.

Im very disappointed in Heinze, I think he could have got plenty of games at United if he put his head down and tried especially after United stood by him while he was injured and got him fit for the world cup.

Advertisement