Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Free commercial vehicle parking?

Options
  • 07-08-2007 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

I've just been told that if you have a commercial vehicle/tax, you can get up to 40 minutes in a "normal" pay parking spot and 25 minutes in a loading bay before being clamped/fined.

They certainly keep it secret, is it stated anywhere does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I always thought it was 1 hour in loading bays. Didn't know about the pay and display spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

The first part is poop... You don't get any free time in normal spaces. You get 30 mins (unless otherwise stated) in a loading bay if actively loading or unloading.

Take it from me, I used to drive a small van (taxed as a commercial) around Dublin city centre for 8 hours a day

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

What he said ^^^^^^^^.
    Never ever heard of free parking in "normal spots"
    And loading bay is 30 mins tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I remember that the clampers here used to use the excuse "a commercial can park on double yellow lines for 20 minutes" if they were asked why they were only clamping private cars!!

Loading bays vary; check the signs on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Well the guy who told me was told by 2 traffic wardens about the normal spaces. He was talking about ones along the side of a main/side road now if that makes a difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

cormie wrote:
    Well the guy who told me was told by 2 traffic wardens about the normal spaces. He was talking about ones along the side of a main/side road now if that makes a difference?

2 traffic wardens looking to up their revenue by the sounds of it!

Advertisement