Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

She's Grownling!!! :S

Options
  • 07-08-2007 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Got a odd one for ya's lads.
    Since i got my car a few months ago the clutch has always been really really stiff. To the point driving in Dublin traffic would leave my leg sore!
    Over the past few weeks a creaking noise got louder and louder when pushing and releasing the clutch but like the knob i am i kept putting it off.

Anyway over the weekend i was driving along when all a sudden my car started to growl when accelerating. The noise comes from the passenger footwell but in engine bay, only hear the noise when i put the foot down and try accelerating. All thats in that area of the engine bay is the gearbox and clutch. Noticed today the clutch is a bit lighter and making a constant clicking sound when not pushed. Car dosnt make the noise when its outta gear and i give it a rev.

Obviously i need a new clutch but do you guys think that what this noise is?
    It REALLY loud and happens normally when i accelerate over 3,00RMP.
    Sounds similar to if your exhaust had just cracked or something.

Ideas? How much a new clutch anyway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

The air filter box hasn't disconnected?

Advertisement