Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanji Writing

Options
  • 07-08-2007 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a good website where I can get kanji writing. I want a kanji symbol for gracious but can't find it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i googled it within 4 seconds.

doubt you looked very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

*is praying for a mistranslation of a hilarious nature*:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Doesn't every kanji when tattooed = muppet?

Doesn't every kanji when tattooed = muppet?
    :D
    Well obviously not if you're of Asian origin and fluent though, no different than any of us getting an English/Irish text based tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

farohar wrote:
    no different than any of us getting an English/Irish text based tattoo.

And yet that can, and does, continue to go wrong!

• Advertisement

True, have heard of a guy getting "I love women" tattooed on his leg, needed some kind of surgery, the result of which was the deletion of the "wo" bit and so him attempting to sue the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

farohar wrote:
    True, have heard of a guy getting "I love women" tattooed on his leg, needed some kind of surgery, the result of which was the deletion of the "wo" bit and so him attempting to sue the hospital.

LOL And it's not as if he was totally secure in his sexuality in the first place if he had to advertise the fact that he was straight.

"Hi Doctor, em....could you make the incision around my tattoo please? Otherwise I could turn gay....."

Sounds suspiciously like an urban legend to me though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

LOL And it's not as if he was totally secure in his sexuality in the first place if he had to advertise the fact that he was straight.

"Hi Doctor, em....could you make the incision around my tattoo please? Otherwise I could turn gay....."

Lol!!! :D Does sound like an urban legend, but a damn funny one at that, and one that I would not put past some of the 'tards out there from doing...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

ha ha ha great story....

Think it was something along the lines of them having to harvest a blood vessel for a bypass and unfortunately the most viable option was there.

Here we go:
    Man left with 'Gay' Tattoo

A man who was left with a "gay" tattoo after an operation was botched, is threatening to sue the Leeds surgeons. The unnamed man had gone for a heart by pass at Leeds General Infirmary but needed a vein to be removed from his tattooed leg to complete the operation. Surgeons decided to cut through his "I Love Women" tattoo, but failed to notice when they sewed him up that they had changed it to "I Love Men".

According to the Daily Mirror, the man is now so embarrassed by his altered body art that he refuses to wear shorts in public and is moving to demand compensation from the hospital, which has admitted its mistake. It has led to the British Medical Journal issuing a warning to doctors calling for care when dealing with tattooed skin.

http://www.tao-of-tattoos.com/journal-archives-feb2005.html

Never underestimate the utter stupidity of people (basically just don't even contemplate it, no matter how stupid you think someone can be there'll always be someone there to push it that bit further).

• Advertisement
Advertisement