Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old habits die hard

• 07-08-2007 1:31pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭

No it's not the new Bruce Willis film. :rolleyes: So what are your old habits? A couple of mine that I can think of off the top of my head are:

* I still look both ways when crossing O'Connell Street in Sligo even though it's been pedestrianised over a year ago.
    * I still refer to the people I worked with in my last job as the gang from work or the lads from work even though I left there in February.

That's it for now but I'll try and think of a few more.

Edit: Grammar correction. Thank you mathie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭mathie

No it's not the new Bruce Willis film. :rolleyes: So what are you're old habits? A couple of mine that I can think of off the top of my head are:

* I still look both ways when crossing O'Connell Street in Sligo even though it's been pedestrianised over a year ago.
    * I still refer to the people I worked with in my last job as the gang from work or the lads from work even though I left there in February.

That's it for now but I'll try and think of a few more.

Correcting grammatical errors on the web.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Burning bridges, i still always burn my bridges behind me, always have because i dont like the idea of someone following...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

I still laugh at well timed farts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

My child goes belting down O'Connell Street, Sligo, saying "Look Mum I'm running on the road!" Scares the life out of me everytime!:o

As for old habits, anyone move a clock in their home/work, and look at the old spot for several years afterwards when wanting to know the time..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

mathie wrote:

;)

It was a long weekend and I think I killed all my brain cells so I think I did ok but it's fixed now. *Awaits mathie pointing out grammatical errors in this post* :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

User45701 wrote:
    Burning bridges, i still always burn my bridges behind me, always have because i dont like the idea of someone following...

I do this also.

Ain't no goin' back....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I've a nasty habit of going into a shop in a daze and asking for a 10 box of Benson & Hedges. :( Keep forgetting they don't exist anymore.

If I burp, I have to burp really, really loud. A nasty habit I picked up in Sligo, as AC will tell ye.

Pooing in the urinals, a personal favourite.

Peeing in the kettle at work, it is great to see everyone's sour expression as they take a sip of their nice, hot tea.

Beatboxing to myself on the street, I always realise afterwards at how loud and crazy I look. Shít, I'd run the opposite way too if I saw me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

mathie wrote:

;)
    he had it right.

your: something that you do / own

you're: you are

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The Bollox wrote:
    he had it right.

I had it as you're but mathie highlighted it in his post and I edited mine to your.

The Bollox wrote:
    he had it right.

He edited it.

Add 'Arguing about minutiae on the interweb' to mine.
    :)

• Advertisement

Also add 'threadjacking' to mine.

;)

add being a bollox to mine, but that's a given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

The sugar HAS to go in the tea and coffee before the milk. I won't hear any arguments to the contrary.

if I was making coffee I would add the coffe and sugar, then the milk, then the water

if I was making tea I would add the bag, the milk, the water and then the sugar

The Bollox wrote:
    if I was making coffee I would add the coffe and sugar, then the milk, then the water

Not one of those weirdos! I dont bother with instant coffee, but still, its just wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

errr i rub the edge of my duvet's. Have done it since i was a kid. Am trying to stop though as i go through a duvet every two years atm (i also only accept feathered duvet's so it usually means feathers EVERYwhere wheni eventually wear it down :p ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I blow into an empty glass before pouring beer/milk/... into it. Always have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

The Bollox wrote:

Ugh! I feel physically ill.

The sugar must go in before the milk.
    Otherwise it won't melt properly, you'll have to stir it for ages and you'll still be left with a load of sugar at the bottom of the mug. Disgusting!

Oh and I drink out of the milk carton pretty much 100% of the time.

Shadowless wrote:

Oh and I drink out of the milk carton pretty much 100% of the time.

Only do that when I'm at my house and not at my parents house as my mum would kill me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

B-K-DzR wrote:
    errr i rub the edge of my duvet's. Have done it since i was a kid. Am trying to stop though as i go through a duvet every two years atm (i also only accept feathered duvet's so it usually means feathers EVERYwhere wheni eventually wear it down :p ).

Ah-ha, this reminds me of mine. For as long as I can remember I have been picking at the feathers in duvets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

The Bollox wrote:

im a tea sugar water then milk person....... youre weird.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

zuutroy wrote:
    The sugar HAS to go in the tea and coffee before the milk. I won't hear any arguments to the contrary.
    Amen!!!! Ya just know when the milk has gone in first, its just not the same no matter what anybody says....

I'm paranoid as fúck about the fridge in my flat. The milk lasts no length so now I always have to pour some down the sink to see if I can see any clumps of milk-balls, mank!!

I have a tendency to shout at people when they bad-mouth Arnie movies or any classic action movies.

"Oh, they're so juvenille and violent!"
    "HOW DARE YOU SPEAK OF THE GOD OF ACTION LIKE THAT!! RENOUNCE YOUR LIFE, PEASANT!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

playing pool on my phone every time I go for a crap.

Brings new meaning to the sentence pot the brown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

you always leave a soft brown on the cushion

dodgyme wrote:

I don't know what you are implying about mine and franko's sex life but it is nothing of the sort. *Thanks God that Degsy is banned* :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Mimi3637

Peeing with the door open when no-one else is in the house.

classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Mimi3637 wrote:
    Peeing with the door open when no-one else is in the house.

classic.

Haha yeah, or peeing with the door open fully naked, when on-one is in just because you can :D Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

dear heavens! :eek: it's teabag, sugar, water, milk, stir. and you take the teabag out before you put the milk in.

other than that, used to walk up to band practise iwth a bass on my back, and another one in a hardcase. used to weigh a tonne, so when we got to this certain crossroads, we'd ALWAYS wait for the green man, regardless of how much traffic on the road. band's broken up, and i rarely bring my bass out of my house now. but ill always stop at those lights til the green man shows.

dodgyme wrote:
    haha love gags like that. good work fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Pulling out flowers or weeds when your walking.

Looking both ways for traffic on one way streets.

Tapping your feet when your thinking of something to write.

When a clock or something similar is moved, you continue to look to that old spot for the time but it's been moved!

narco wrote:
    dear heavens! :eek: it's teabag, sugar, water, milk, stir. and you take the teabag out before you put the milk in.
    that's gh3y! they sugar will stick to the teabag, then what! you have just wasted some perfectly good sugar! that's why I put the sugar in after I remove the teabag

Some people are really anal about how tea is made.

Some people are really anal about how tea is made.

Yea, Jesus Christ!! I always put the sugar in AFTER I take out the teabag, I just stir both ways so the sugar will dissolve. I don't care how it tastes (could be like creamy poo), as long as I have a fag to enjoy I'm swinging!!

• Advertisement

Duggy747 wrote:
    Yea, Jesus Christ!! I always put the sugar in AFTER I take out the teabag, I just stir both ways so the sugar will dissolve. I don't care how it tastes (could be like creamy poo), as long as I have a fag to enjoy I'm swinging!!
    thank God, atleast SOMEONE speaks sense around here... other than me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The picking of various orifices never gets old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Our local priest came around to Pigheads mothers house for a cup of tea and a biscuit last week. Before you could say "Holy Traumatic Flashback Batman" Pighead was down on his knees whimpering with his trousers down by his ankles.

were you constipated

were you constipated

Why are you obsessed with sh1t?!

• Advertisement

jaysus i didnt notice that i was. maybe it's a coincidence i just posted some shyte related posts in a row?

right i'll stop posting sh1t things for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

anal...teabag.... fag...

oh dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I always leave the teabag in the cup with the milk and I never use sugar, the stronger and bitter the better.

I'll always crumple the tinfoil off my sandwichs in work into a perfect cube, I always rip beer mats into smaller and smaller squares also.

I also never take sugar in my tea and people always find it odd. I'm glad to see I'm not alone l31mr0d. You reminded me of another habit I have ripping paper bit (the part that the pint rests on) of the beermats off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

You reminded me of another habit I have ripping paper bit (the part that the pint rests on) of the beermats off.
    After chronic masturbation that is one of the most common signs of sexual frustration. Apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Similarly to another poster, theres a game on my phone ("Lumines") that I constantly play when I get a free moment. It's purely out of habit, I don't know if I even enjoy it at this stage.. It's just massively addictive.. I even find myself turning it on subconciously in the middle of conversations and stuff.. Weird!!

I work in tescos, and spend so much time "facing off" (arranging the items on the shelf so they're neat) that I do it by mistake when I'm in another shop or on my day's off.

Pighead wrote:
    After chronic masturbation that is one of the most common signs of sexual frustration. Apparently.

*Awaits the Yore Ma joke*

L31mr0d wrote:
    I always rip beer mats into smaller and smaller squares also.
    I hate people who do that, mainly because I was the one who had to clean it up for 1 and a half years, but it still gets my goat seeing people ripping them. I mean why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

zuutroy wrote:

Thats because you want a cup of coffee or tea not hot milk with coffee or tea added. Nothing odd about that!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement