Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spurs 100 to one to win premiership

Options
  • 07-08-2007 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

**** me that is some value . lets for one second asume that its spurs year they have a excelent goalie, very good defence, a savage blend of youth and experiance in midfield and with keane, defoe,berbatoveand now bent 4 strikers that would get into any of the so called top four starting line up. im not so naive as to think that man u and chealse are clear favs but surley for sheer value spurs @100 to 1 is phenomal value. im sticking on a tonne any way and **** who knows what might happen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

They don't have a left midfielder but you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

**** me that is some value . lets for one second asume that its spurs year they have a excelent goalie, very good defence, a savage blend of youth and experiance in midfield and with keane, defoe,berbatoveand now bent 4 strikers that would get into any of the so called top four starting line up. im not so naive as to think that man u and chealse are clear favs but surley for sheer value spurs @100 to 1 is phenomal value. im sticking on a tonne any way and **** who knows what might happen

Jesus, a hundred quid is pretty serious money to be putting on what is a realistic 100/1 shot. I honestly can't see anyone getting by the big three...I'm discounting Arsenal this season. I'll lay you 150/1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Are u for real busted keane bent top 4 clubs?
    They area 100-1for a reason no chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

They have the best striker force in the premiership but a defence that is closer to bottom half standard than top half (unless you believe reputations). Their midfield is decent but nowhere near as good as Liverpool, Man Utd or Chelsea's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Not a hope in hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

They'll be 4th at best. Certainly, they've strengthened since last year, but they won't get past Man U, Liverpool or Chelsea. Throwing your money away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

At least make it an E/W bet.

Most bookies are offering 1/4 the odds 1,2 so, at least if they come second you'll still get €1250 back for a €50 E/w bet. If they come first you'll get €5250. Both with a total stake of €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Most bookies are offering 1/4 the odds 1,2 so, at least if they come second you'll still get €1250 back for a €50 E/w bet. If they come first you'll get €5250. Both with a total stake of €100.

OP, you'd be best to take the advice above if your're definetly going to bet. They're 100-1 for a reason, Bookies know what they're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Spurs have way less of a chance than 100/1, I don't think they'll even break the top 4 to be honest, the midfield is just not good enough. And look at my boards name, I know them very well.

hotspur wrote:
    Spurs have way less of a chance than 100/1, I don't think they'll even break the top 4 to be honest, the midfield is just not good enough. And look at my boards name, I know them very well.

I think fourth place is within their grasp as I honestly think Arsenal are fading...still class to watch but without the ability to grind out wins. But then again I can see someone else grabbing fourth spot, could be a scrap between the Gooners, Spurs and maybe Bolton or Newcastle. No value in backing Spurs without the top 4 at 13/8 IMO and bookies could name treble figure prices for anyone bar the big 4 with no fear of having to pay out. One that looks good though is Spurs at 10/1 (if I remember right) to be top by end of August. Think it was Ladbrokes but can't check it as gambling sites banned in work. Stick your hundred on that, definitely safer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

great idea! think il revise my earlier thoughts and go with your advice instead!
    have to disagree withsome of ye who say we have a poor defence though .dawson is a class act as is king both are english internationals and imo dawson is a much sounded defender than rio, also bale is a class act on the left and chimbonda on the right gives the back four real ballance

jenas ,lennon,zokora and malbranquein the middle are again four world class players and as i said up front we really are spoiled for choice. all this and players like routledge,gardener,tiano,murphy to name a few in reserve spurs have finally got the strenght in depth to play a really good part in this years championship. they are imo serious value @100/1
    thanks bf

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

I too think Spurs may well perform above where they previously have although I do not think they have a strong enough defence to challenge for the outright. I see Chimbonda and Bale as being more attack minded than optimal. I will be backing them on the handicap with Man City and Sunderland the ones I'd like to see them giving fewest points too. (probably will go with Skybet).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Ladbrokes are actually paying 1/3 odds on 1,2 - so even better. And they have tottenham at 100/1 so, to revise my calculations:

€50 E/w on Spurs to win premiership - total stake; €100

If they come 1st: €6,650~
    If they come 2nd: €1,650~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

have to disagree withsome of ye who say we have a poor defence though .dawson is a class act as is king both are english internationals and imo dawson is a much sounded defender than rio, also bale is a class act on the left and chimbonda on the right gives the back four real ballance
    Dawson and King just don't do it for me as a partnership. King's best with a top class organiser beside him. I don't think he has the brain to marshall a defence atm. Bale is unproven and had a terrible time against Duff at Croker. I'd say Portsmouth have a better defence than Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

jenas ,lennon,zokora and malbranquein the middle are again four world class player

world class? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Anyone who calls Jenas a world class player is, well, the kind of person who would bet on Spurs to win the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Have a look at the handicap markets, Spurs+18points at 15/1 is a much better bet with ladbrokes.

bohsman wrote:
    Have a look at the handicap markets, Spurs+18points at 15/1 is a much better bet with ladbrokes.

They'd have to be hitting the top two for that to win, better of going each way

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Bubs101 wrote:
    They'd have to be hitting the top two for that to win, better of going each way

Please add something to this. This makes no sense as is as we are not privy to your logic if you don't put it down for us to critique.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭sitout

everton @250 to 1 are a much better prospect than spurs they finishes two points below them last year and with jags and bains they have strenghtened there midfield and defence . if they land yakaubu from boro and gonzales from porto as i think they will they have a great chance to finish in the top four !

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Might as well bet on Derby tbh if going for an outright win. Even an e/w is hugely unlikely unless there is some kind of big points deduction over some scandal involving at least one of the teams above them.

5starpool wrote:
    Might as well bet on Derby tbh if going for an outright win. Even an e/w is hugely unlikely unless there is some kind of big points deduction over some scandal involving at least one of the teams above them.

Agreed. How many places are being paid out? Two or three..let's say three, can you honestly see anyone else outside Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea in the top three? Fourth place may be up for grabs from Arsenal but I still think you're throwing your money down the drain on Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Best of luck, stranger things have happened in the footi world. Last year I bet €500 each way at 14/1 on Sunderland to win the championship, the were last place after losing 4 in a row. Then Keane came in, they had a few good games then f@@ked up and the odds went to 23/1 and I put up another €500 each way. It went to the last game but they won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭sitout

what price are liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

DonJose wrote:
    Best of luck, stranger things have happened in the footi world. Last year I bet €500 each way at 14/1 on Sunderland to win the championship, the were last place after losing 4 in a row. Then Keane came in, they had a few good games then f@@ked up and the odds went to 23/1 and I put up another €500 each way. It went to the last game but they won.

Thanks for that, it really adds to a thread in which people are giving their opinions as to what might happen this season :rolleyes:

Has anyone checked who won last season's handicap markets? I think it was Portsmouth. Would be worth checking out what kind of points handicap usually wins these bets, whether it's in the region of +10 or are we talking about the +35 long shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Stop trying to convince yourself this is a good bet.

Their defense is woeful, and I'd be seriously concerned on your judgment if you consider 'jenas ,lennon,zokora and malbranque' as world class players, none of those 4 players would even make the bench at the Top 4.

Ridiculous thread

Surely Reading won the handicap market last season. You should be able to trade out well on betfair if your team is ahead and they kepp it running for the season. Got Birmingham at 25's on betfair

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote:
    Surely Reading won the handicap market last season. You should be able to trade out well on betfair if your team is ahead and they kepp it running for the season. Got Birmingham at 25's on betfair

No, wasn't Reading I'm afraid. They were 100/1 and missed out by losing to Watford on last day..or was that betting without the big four..stand to be corrected on this one. How many points start did you get on Birmingham? I actually fancied Newcastle to have a good season but with their decent start I wouldn't imagine I'd get an attractive price at this stage (handicap or w/o big four not outright)

Advertisement