Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nano-ITX PSU questions.

Options
  • 07-08-2007 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm toying around with getting a Nano-ITX motherboard from Via to use as a video/DVD/music jukebox under my TV.
    I plan on housing this in a wooden box of my own design with a 60GB hard drive and the required ports and such. I'll also add a PWM based fan controller of my own making.
    What I want to know is how these devices are normally powered? I want to have the PSU external to the wooden enclosure, and I was looking at having a 12V 'off the shelf' device powering one of these PicoPSU's http://www.mini-box.com/picoPSU-60-WI?sc=8&category=13. This was is a WI (Wide Input) type, which means that I can run off a car battery etc…

So, my question is - how do I power my devices such as the hard-drive if I'm using this setup? I am not going to attach it to the incoming 12v supply line as it will be unregulated. What are my options? What other PSU's are available for these MB's?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You should check out the power section on LinITX they sell all kinds of stuff geared towards Nano-ITX

• Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭10-10-20

OK, thanks. I clicked that link and the answer became apparent.
    There is a peripheral connector on the pico-psu, but the mini-box information doesn't clearly say this. I just assumed that the only outputs on this were for the motherboard. Problem solved!

Advertisement