Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apache Portable Runtime

Options
  • 07-08-2007 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

I am in the early stages, of developing a web application in Java to run on tomcat, and because in early stages, i'd like everything to run smooting and clean. When shutting down tomcat i get this print to the log, on info level
    INFO: Failed shutdown of Apache Portable Runtime

I know im being picky with this and could just ignore it, but its the only thing preventing a clean shutdown.I have no clue of any way of disabling Apache Portable Runtime but I know its possible in some way, and have been looking round google for the last while with no luck.

Anyone ever dealt with this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

A simple option is to just reinstall tomcat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nude_hamster

eh.. you dont install, or even build tomcat..(well you could build...), just pop it out of its tar and let it run, I have done alot of work with tomcat5.5, with tweaking it and running apps on it, but never came across this Apache Portable Runtime before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

ya thanks , that does help understand it a bit better, but still doesnt explain how to get rid of that message..

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

Do you always use a standalone binary?

You could use yum to install or apt or maybe download an msi installer... smart ass!

• Advertisement

sorry didnt mean to sound smart .. :), no no with tomcat you unpack the tar, and then run a script thats starts up the jvm and uses the tomcat class loader library, bootstrap.jar to load the classes necessary to run tomcat and the web applications you have stored in it. There is no installation or building of it needed. My problem is now to get it to stop looking for Apache Portable Runtime, as the thread that henbane pointed me to , says that that error shows up when tomcat cant find it, although strange that the notice that comes up says it cant shutdown it down properly , when it isnt even there to shutdown

Advertisement