Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TK MAXX rumour

Options
  • 07-08-2007 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Is it true that there is a 2nd TK MAXX on the way for only furniture/household goods? If so - where? Just beside the new M&S building? ;) (SCNR, just to have it mentioned)

Would be good as the shop in the Parkway is way to small and crowdy...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

I used to work there..and 2 years ago that was rumoured...even the managment didn't know..several maybe's existed...depended on rental costs, planning etc...but definitely on the agenda is a 2nd Limerick store..somewhere..in some form...saw the documents proposing it

Then again a Galway store was on the agenda also...but they couldn't find a suitable location

Tk Maxx 'Home' is common in the U.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Id be suprised in a good way if they were to open a 2nd store in Limerick as theirs a lot of places in Ireland without a TK MAXX

Then again we do have 3 Argos's with Cork having two and Galway only having one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Parkway Retail Park is being extended at the moment, maybe the will take up the lease on one of those units.

Also there are plenty of units out in the new retail park opposite the Jetland shopping centre and new Conagh roundabout shopping centre.

BTW I find TK Maxx hit and miss. Some of their stuff is good and reasonably priced while other stuff is crap and can be expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

A former TK. Maxx colleague indeed informed me yesterday that a new store is opening in Coonagh..the current parkway maanger is being relocated there to further his career

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Wow! coonaghs really looking like it's gonna go somewhere. Tesco, TK Maxx, Possibly Eason...anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Wow! coonaghs really looking like it's gonna go somewhere. Tesco, TK Maxx, Possibly Eason...anything else?

M&S for me please ........ :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

hobie wrote:

And it only took 7 posts

Not that any of us would not like a M&S :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

hobie wrote:

Hobie my friend...your day will come...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

After many years of rumours is M&S really coming to Limerick

or have I just fallen for a ruse?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Still no confirmation

• Advertisement
Advertisement