Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nokia Cark91

Options
  • 07-08-2007 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Just bought a new car over the weekend and it has an old Nokia Cark91 car kit (the one the the 6310 used to work in). I was thinking I could upgrade the cradle for a new phone like this only that is for newer Nokia phones, anyone know is it possible to get something for a Sony Ericsson phone to work in? I'm guessing there isn't but thought somebody might know something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

The only tidy way to get a Sony Ericsson working with a Nokia Car Kit is Bluetooth. TBH you would be better off getting a CK-7W 2nd hand because it woudl probably cost you the same as it would to get on of those adapters posted to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,376 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

When I bought my car nearly 4 years ago, it too had a CARK-91. I just bought a second hand 6310 for €50 here on boards. Still working fine and I believe it has gone up in value :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

unkel wrote:
    When I bought my car nearly 4 years ago, it too had a CARK-91. I just bought a second hand 6310 for €50 here on boards. Still working fine and I believe it has gone up in value :D
    Thanks for the help but I don't want to use the car kit that badly!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sony Erricson do a nice bluetooth kit, but a Nokia or Parrot bluetooth kit is a better option if you don't intend on having Sony Erricson phones forever

If anyone's interested, I just found this on ebay, but I've googled it and can't find it anywhere except for off this particular seller on ebay, so I'm a little wary of it. If it was about €20 I'd go for it anyway, but around at €80, don't think I want to find out if it doesn't work.

• Advertisement

Actually if you are going for a Bluetooth kit you're best off going for the Parrot one. You can get interface kits for the Parrot to allow you use steering wheel controls, existing car speakers etc.

Actually if you are going for a Bluetooth kit you're best off going for the Parrot one. You can get interface kits for the Parrot to allow you use steering wheel controls, existing car speakers etc.
    But I don't want to buy a new car kit, I just thought if there was something I could buy to use my Sony Ericsson phone with it, it would be nice to make some use out of it, but if it turns out to be too much hassle, I just won't use it. I'm not that bothered about having a car kit. Thanks for the suggestions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭alias no.9

You can upgrade the cark 91 to work with newer nokia pop port phones with a cable (nokia part number ca55). Quick and straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

I don't think you need to get into all that. My girlfriend has just bought a car with the same set-up as yours. The dealer told her she just needed to get the cradle changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats incorrect, alias no.9 has it above to use the new pop-port phones with the old cark-91 you need an adaptor cable.
    I did this with my old cark-91 when I got a new nokia, since then I moved to sony-ericsson, I ended up buying a earpiece and a universal sony-ericsson cradle and a charger, phone charges in the cradle and I am still handsfree.

• Advertisement

Tony Danza wrote:
    But I don't want to buy a new car kit, I just thought if there was something I could buy to use my Sony Ericsson phone with it, it would be nice to make some use out of it, but if it turns out to be too much hassle, I just won't use it. I'm not that bothered about having a car kit. Thanks for the suggestions though.

No probs. I just wanted to be sure that if you were investing money in carkit equipment that you were as future proofed as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭trabpc

Tony I bought from eway-uk about 18 mth ago no probs. had an old nokia kit in car but bought 6230i 18 months ago. all phone shops here said i had to install whole new kit €300 -Madness. went to eway-uk and got 6230I cradle and swopped it for old one 15min job. If i remember correctly it was 20 pounds or about 30 yo yo's. plus 10 delivery. Whole thing delivered for 45 euro. works great.

Advertisement