Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm reset question

Options
  • 07-08-2007 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

I have a HKC SecureWatch alarm fitted.

At the moment due to power outages etc. the clock needs to be reset. I would also like to setup the system for part sets (doesn't seem to have been done) and I would also like to be able to change the main code and add/remove codes for guests from time to time.

The alarm is engineer locked as I determined by attempting to reset using the jumper on the mainboard. I have tried over the past few months to contact the company who installed it originally but phones (mobile & landline) ring out.

My question is can I contact another alarm installer who can reset the system and leave it in a way that I have both an engineers code and ordinary code or am I stuck? If so does anyone have any recommendations for the Kildare area?

From what I've read it is possible but, understandably, no one wants to give out such information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

if possible it would only be done by another installer

<edit> submitted before I was finished </edit>
    you would then ask the other installer to leave the system unlocked leaving you free to do whatever you want to it, however if you bugger up the programming they wont want to know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

Hence why I asked about getting another installer to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

TKK wrote:
    From what I've read it is possible but, understandably, no one wants to give out such information.

Have you tried the default enginneers code? Or other typical codes?

Yep - I got the procedure and default codes for reseting using the on-board jumper but just got a message on the display that the system was engineer locked. Nothing for it but a full reset in that case from what I've read.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It can be reset by a good engineer...
    If you are in or near Dublin PM me I'll get it sorted for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Finneganjp

Send the board back to HKC and they will unlock it for free.

Finneganjp wrote:
    Send the board back to HKC and they will unlock it for free.
    A lot of work involved there though disconnecting and rewiring it all.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you in Dublin TKK?

Unfortunately not, I'm in Kildare.

I'll be down that way next week ...
    PM me if you want it done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement