Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

raheny test centre experience/cancellations/recommend instructors

Options
  • 07-08-2007 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hi

does anyone know how long youd be waiting if you asked for a cancellation in raheny test centre. also how much notice before test would you be given ?

also if anyone has any advice/tips or experience in this centre id really appreciate if they could let me know.

finally could anyone recommend a god instructor/pre-tester for the raheny area..

cheers and good luck everyone sitting their test.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Lindaloo

I've just finished lessons with Safety 1st Driving School, he covers Raheny area and he's really good. I learned from scratch and even though I'm sure he'd have loved to kill me at times , he kept his cool with me and I'm now driving around with a lot more confidence. I would recommend him 100% (details are on irishmotoring.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

hi

does anyone know how long youd be waiting if you asked for a cancellation in raheny test centre. also how much notice before test would you be given ?

also if anyone has any advice/tips or experience in this centre id really appreciate if they could let me know.

finally could anyone recommend a god instructor/pre-tester for the raheny area..

cheers and good luck everyone sitting their test.

I'm from Baldoyle and took my 1st test at Raheny and failed. Second test in Finglas and failed. Third test back in Raheny and passed.

Here's how I passed......

I took a 2 hour pre-test using the irish school of motoring AND used their car for the test. Some large bald guy gave me vital tips to pass. You need to exaggerate your movements so they know what you are doing. And drive about 5km above the speed limit (depending on road/traffic conditions). I know this sounds insane and speeding should be an auto fail but take it from the instructor and do it. He said it shows that you are a confident and competent driver. Those who stay on the limit and especially those who try to be safe and drive 5km under the limit will usually fail. Show caution when going through the residential estates and give plenty of clearance to stationary vehicles.

DONT COAST!!! Brake and then clutch as you come to a stop.

Asking for a cancellation will make no difference to your waiting time. Cancellations go to people who need (and have provided proof) the test for working purposes. Everyone asks for a cancellation. I think Raheny has the longest waiting time. I waited over a year for my 1st test. Only got it because my license was expiring. You may be luckier to change to another centre but Raheny has about the best pass rate and finglas the worst.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

goz83 wrote:
    I'm from Baldoyle and took my 1st test at Raheny and failed. Second test in Finglas and failed. Third test back in Raheny and passed.

Here's how I passed......

I took a 2 hour pre-test using the irish school of motoring AND used their car for the test. Some large bald guy gave me vital tips to pass. You need to exaggerate your movements so they know what you are doing. And drive about 5km above the speed limit (depending on road/traffic conditions). I know this sounds insane and speeding should be an auto fail but take it from the instructor and do it. He said it shows that you are a confident and competent driver. Those who stay on the limit and especially those who try to be safe and drive 5km under the limit will usually fail. Show caution when going through the residential estates and give plenty of clearance to stationary vehicles.

DONT COAST!!! Brake and then clutch as you come to a stop.

Oh dear. He's right about not coasting but do not exaggerate your movements and do not drive over the speed limit during your test!

Testers are trained observers and they will know if you are checking your mirrors etc. or not, if you are jerking your head all over the place or set your mirrors so that you have to obviously turn your head to check them, you'll get a fault for not having the car set up properly for you to drive it.

As for driving 5km/h over the speed limits to show you are a confident & competent driver', I think the ridiculousness of that advice should be apparent to nearly all.

Advertisement