Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Power Blockage.

Options
  • 07-08-2007 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Howdy,

Have a '99 focus. Lately there's something very wrong with it. When I put the foot down hard it accelerates very slowly and sometimes it judders. It feels like the petrol isn't getting through properly then I can feel bursts of power when it does get through. I brought it down to my mechanic (who serviced the car just before this started happening!!) and he couldn't find anything. Sometimes she runs perfect and was grand for the past few weeks but it's back now again. Anybody got any clues? He checked the petrol and it was clean. I don't have any faith in the mechanic beyond that.

What are my options? Do I bring it to a mechanic up here and pay an arm and a leg for them to tell me the exact same thing? So very frustrating.

Thanks,
    G Man.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Could be an ignition coil pack or possibly the air flow meter (MAF).
    If the car was serviced recently check all the plugs and ignition coils to make sure they all have good contact and connections are made properly.

Neil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Gumbyman

Thanks Neil - much appreciated. I'm a complete amateur here but willing to get my hands dirty - could you recommend any good DIY Motors site that could give me guidance in how to check this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

AFAIK the Focus ignition coils are a weak point. A few lads in work drive Focii(?) and every one of them has had at least one coil go on them. Maybe a diagnostic will point out the culprit.

Advertisement