Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen N95

• 07-08-2007 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway to "track" a stolen N95? Friend had one stolen over the weekend and was wondering if the p*ick who nicked it could be tracked or traced if he's using a different sim card.

My friend wants the phone back very badly as he had no phone insurance and house insurance wont cover it.

Thanks in advance... G23

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

are the mobile companies able to track it using its IMEI number?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

are the mobile companies able to track it using its IMEI number?

I think they can just block it from the network but now that I think about it I can't see why not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

they only do it in missing person cases etc. all he can do is get the imei blacklisted so the thief can't use it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

they only do it in missing person cases etc. all he can do is get the imei blacklisted so the thief can't use it

There are ways to get around this though. Right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

There are ways to get around this though. Right?
    yeah but the thief would need very expensive imei changing equipment. the average junkie doesn't have access to such things

• Advertisement

yeah but the thief would need very expensive imei changing equipment. the average junkie doesn't have access to such things

Ah right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

is there anything out there to prevent this, so you could track it?? i remember seeing something in peats awhile back that a company would track it for you, cant remember the details though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

because this is a expensive piece of kit i dont see why the cops or phone provider could not track this down.

?

but no insurance.... duh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

i wonder if the GPS coule be used to track the phone? if he turns it on, othere than that I would make sure the phone is blacklisted so the F&&& cant use it in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Gandalf23 wrote:
    Is there anyway to "track" a stolen N95? Friend had one stolen over the weekend and was wondering if the p*ick who nicked it could be tracked or traced if he's using a different sim card.

My friend wants the phone back very badly as he had no phone insurance and house insurance wont cover it.

Thanks in advance... G23

There are 3rd party utils that will send you a sms if the sim is changed or even send the gps coordinates if you send it a sms, but sw would have to have been installed already

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

question... can you insure a phone through vodafone ready to go? or how would i get it insured?

Advertisement