Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Written Off

Options
  • 07-08-2007 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭

Ok so i just got word from the garage today that my car is ****ed

the engine is apparently feeding bits of metal into the oil and its grinding away on that

so now ive got a heap of junk

whats my best option

Scrappage? if so whats the likely amount i'll pick up for it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What is it? and do you have any space to store the car? You might have a handy parts-bin for fellow owners of the same model.

You could advertise the car as being good for an engine swap.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

its an Opel Agila

not many of them about the roads these days

dont know if there would be great interest in an engine swap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭alias no.9

The 1.0 or 1.2 engines from the opel corsa or from the suzuki wagon r should swap over. Whether it would be worth doing is another story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Exactly not many about- so peeps who do have one may be willing to buy parts. If you have the space put it to one side and advertise it for parts. Could make a decent few bob back over time.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

would bringing it to a breakers be worth my time? or is the holding out for another agila owner be the best option?

• Advertisement
Advertisement