Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Linksys 2.4Ghz 802.11b - slow as Hell

• 07-08-2007 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

This BB router has my heart broken!!!!

I am getting speeds slower than dial up!

What can I do to improve my speeds???

I have disconnected it now & the direct feed into the laptop is LIGHTENING FAST in comparison

Any suggestions , cahnge of settings or advice to secure this network would be appreciated.

Alternatively, if there is a far superior router out there, please let me know, I was told six months ago that this piece of junk was the best

Regards,

Bros

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

802.11b is a very old standard.
    whoever told you that it was good six months ago has been pulling your leg.
    802.11g should give you a massive increase in speed.

that said, most broadband connections in ireland could not max out a 11b connection.
    its probaly due to interference around the house.
    a more up to date 11g router with a better aerial will make a difference in that repsect too.

11n is also available now but is quite expensive

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

BROS wrote:
    This BB router has my heart broken!!!!

I am getting speeds slower than dial up!

What can I do to improve my speeds???

I have disconnected it now & the direct feed into the laptop is LIGHTENING FAST in comparison

Any suggestions , cahnge of settings or advice to secure this network would be appreciated.

Alternatively, if there is a far superior router out there, please let me know, I was told six months ago that this piece of junk was the best

Regards,

Bros

Did you have your network secure? Any possibility that any of your neighbours were using your connection?

Advertisement