Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driver Licence Issue Date

Options
  • 07-08-2007 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,

I passed my driving test in Feb 05 but didn't actually go and get my licence printed up until Aug 05 as i was out of the country. I always assumed when filling in forms like car insurance/ rental etc that the length of time i'd held the licence was from issue date (Aug) until i looked at my dads licence which he passed 27yrs ago but got renewed 5yrs ago, and the issue date for his is 02, no mention anywhere about the fact that he first got it in 1975.

so i was wondering can i say that i held a full licence since Feb 05 even tho the licence itself wasn't issued until Aug 05?

i know u can drive on the cert that they give you when u pass the test for a few years if i rem correctly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Your Licence is from the issue date not the date you past your test.

Look again at your dads licence and you will see the first issue date.
    I passed my test in 1993 new licence in 2003 it has the issue date of 1993 in the middle section categories of vehicles.

Advertisement