Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Engine Nightmare

Options
  • 07-08-2007 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

hi there, this maybe the complete wrong place for this post so gods of the forum please feel free to relocate it to its appropriate location, on with my post now. I have a 1994 Renault 19 Azur 1.8 (8valve) which due to a lifetime of hardship needs a reconditioned engine asap, i have been reliable informed that a more modern 2.0f3r engine (megane, scenic etc) will fit in with no real elec mods, the current one is an f3p. My question is does anyone know who'll supply and fit a 1.8f3p or a 2.0f3r engine for a very reasonable price either here or in the uk. any help with this would be seriously appreciated, the current engine is literally about to disconnect, unbolt, dig a hole and bury itself, if you can help please just PM me if you can or post away, both are good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭BrianD3

UK/NI would be a better bet than ROI as the 19 was never sold with that engine here and I don't think the Megane ever got a 1.8 or 2.0 litre 8v engine here either. If you find a 19 or Megane engine here the vast majority will be 1.4 8v or 16v, 1.6 8v or 1.9 diesel/tdiesel.

Now possibly the 1.8 8v from the Laguna I would fit but maybe not....

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Am I right in thinking the Azur is a cabrio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Ceb wrote:
    hi there, this maybe the complete wrong place for this post so gods of the forum please feel free to relocate it to its appropriate location, on with my post now. I have a 1994 Renault 19 Azur 1.8 (8valve) which due to a lifetime of hardship needs a reconditioned engine asap, i have been reliable informed that a more modern 2.0f3r engine (megane, scenic etc) will fit in with no real elec mods, the current one is an f3p. My question is does anyone know who'll supply and fit a 1.8f3p or a 2.0f3r engine for a very reasonable price either here or in the uk. any help with this would be seriously appreciated, the current engine is literally about to disconnect, unbolt, dig a hole and bury itself, if you can help please just PM me if you can or post away, both are good

Just a heads up from someone who does this regularly. If you can't get the same engine size & type to replace your old engine, don't dream of using another engine that someone else says will work fine, to take it's place, especially if the engine size is different. That person won't be around to help you in the likely event that you have starting, running or DTC problems post installation!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Ceb

correct, the azur is the converible. i was consulting some of the lads on retro-renault and they seem to thing the 2.0f3r engine will fit on without any electric alterations etc, a 2.0 would be cool but to be honest i just want a new engine in the yoke asap! its actually getting worse by the second even when its not running somehow

Advertisement