Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courtyard Village

Options
  • 07-08-2007 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hey,

I'm moving down to Limerick to do a post grad in September.

Can anyone tell me what they know or their experiences with the Courtyard Student Village??

Thanks
    Orange

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Orange wrote:
    Hey,

I'm moving down to Limerick to do a post grad in September.

Can anyone tell me what they know or their experiences with the Courtyard Student Village??

Thanks
    Orange

Lots of noisy erasmus students, the brodband doesn't work most of the time, and they were 2 months late returning the deposit. Pretty nice apartments, but really shambolic management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

ive paid a deposit .. if i dont have workin broadband they will know about it and thats one thing for sure.. i had smart telecom in my house last year and had fun with them is one thing seen as they went bust in week 2

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Courtyard is a nice enough place.

There's been lots of hassle with the broadband connection alright. At the moment all the ports are open (which is nice) but its throttled to 60k (which is bad). The crowd maintaining it have their heads up their arses and can't seem to sort out a basic network. I know that some residents complained enough that the owners of the place agreed to change company if things didn't improve. So if things are crap this semester you know what to do.

I find the Irish students there more noisy than the Erasmus ones also!

oh ill be the first to complain if network isnt up to scratch i managed to get my connection second semester first year for free in plassey cause i had such a hard time tryin to get it set up the stupid guy in charge of plassey must of been in the place 4 times before had it fixed properly

Complaints to the owners, bypassing management, seem to work best.
    I'm in one of the apartments there for the forseeable future so maybe I'll see you on the network there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Orange

Thanks for the replies. I went down to look at the place and it seems ok, close enough to things anyway.

Thanks for the advice on the web, might bring a modem with me if their network is dodgy!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

I'll be here too it seems, only a 1st yr but would much prefer to be off campus since I'm a little but older than most of the 1st yrs. I sent in the booking form and have to post the cheque. When should I expect confirmation of a place?

You should know by now, give Jennifer in the office a call.

i rang last week and got the machine. gave my name and no, no reply. :confused:

Well they're there every day, you must have rang when they were out of the office. I'd keep ringing til you get an answer.

• Advertisement

the money was only due to them by Friday so i would say the will be sending out receipts the last few days.. id expect it by the end of the week

Yeah but if you paid the semesters rent you would want to definately have a room.

i've only sent the €250 deposit. wasn't expecting to be going to UL like... surely they've got a place still?

i've only sent the €250 deposit. wasn't expecting to be going to UL like... surely they've got a place still?

Doubt it, its usually full. AFAIK the semesters rent was due last friday.
    You really need to get in contact with them ASAP.

Yeah I did, no accomodation available. Must try a few other places. Anybody got any recommendations?

Brookfield down the road is grand. Also Parkview Hall, but its a bit far away.
    Since all these new places opened you can get decent private houses much easier now.

Avoid Elm Park and College Court. Have a look around Briarfield and the immediate area.

Advertisement