Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bankcard won't go into ATM machine

Options
  • 07-08-2007 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

Here's the deal

Have been trying unsuccessfully since Sunday to try and get some money out of my cashsave account from the AIB ATM machine. But, for some reason my card will not go into the machine. I tried once on Sunday and just fobbed it off as a once off and walked away planning to try again today. I went back and again today my card will still not go in. As a queue was building behind me I went to back to see if other's were experiencing this problem but no one else had problem. So I tried again & again same happened. Anyone any idea as to what could be the reason???

Bare in mind that I was talking about this to my dad who informed me that he got a new ATM card recently from AIB and I wonder could it be that I need to get it updated, as I have had this card since 1999!!! I haven't had any problems with my card until Sunday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

Had this problem last year and it was down to wear and tear on the magnetic strip (or whatever its called!). The machine wouldn't even allow the card in the slot. Give the strip on the back a clean or maybe its time for a new card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

The MAG stripe is damaged, contact your branch and they will issue you with a nice shiny new chip one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

gidget wrote:
    ...I have had this card since 1999!!!...

I have a cashsave card from 1994, and it still works, maybe the annual stamp duty pays for a team of ninjas to maintain the magnetic strip, or maybe it pays for the petrol in berties S Class

Advertisement