Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

drivingtest.ie stats

Options
  • 07-08-2007 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭

Shame that www.drivingtest.ie couldnt update its stats, pass rates are up to 31/12/05 and waiting times are up to 13/11/06. You think they could be bothered updating the stats....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Well you would also think that waiting 9 months + for a driving test is absurd. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

If they updated their website, it would make them look worse as the waiting times would increase. If you ask me, the driving test will collapse soon and you'll have another situation like in the 80s where drivers passed through without a test!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The amnesty actually happened in 1979! I wonder how many of those people are still on the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

alan4cult wrote:
    If they updated their website, it would make them look worse as the waiting times would increase. If you ask me, the driving test will collapse soon and you'll have another situation like in the 80s where drivers passed through without a test!

that will never happen again and apparently the average waiting times are down by 8 weeks or something like that.

still i think the main reason for the waiting list is the ridicolous test with ridicolously high failure rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Stephen wrote:
    The amnesty actually happened in 1979! I wonder how many of those people are still on the road?
    Most of them, I'd imagine. It was only 28 years ago and assuming that most of them were in their late teens-twenties or so, that'd put them in their mid forties-mid fifties.
    I know one to whom we give a hard time about it to this very day. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

my dad got his licence in the amnesty, my mother just got hers before you had to do a test, she even had a HGV licence!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nuttzz wrote:
    Shame that www.drivingtest.ie couldnt update its stats, pass rates are up to 31/12/05 and waiting times are up to 13/11/06. You think they could be bothered updating the stats....

I reckon they spent all their money on the testers overtime bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

the driving test is like the leaving cert, you wait 9 months, and once you pass you move onto something else in life

when you hear others complaining it doesn't even register

Advertisement