Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A loan without income

Options
  • 07-08-2007 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible in Ireland to get a loan (for course fees etc) while in full time education with only a very small part time job?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I think you can with the AIB student account!! Just check their website!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

hi, yes. Best bet is to open a Student Account. With this type of account you'll clearly be not working full time. Most banks have a tiered system on loans. Meaning a you'll get a bigger loan the more your in college. 1st yr 1500, 2nd yr 2000 and so on.

But most will ask if you'll be working for the summers?? To help clear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

ciaranfo wrote:
    Is it possible in Ireland to get a loan (for course fees etc) while in full time education with only a very small part time job?

Yeah, just ask for a student loan!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

sorry to dig this up, but i'm not working this year as its my final year, so do you start paying these loans when you graduate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The person I was asking to get one which is being paid off almost from the first month. Basically they got a guarantor and the credit union said ok.

• Advertisement
Advertisement