Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ark of the Convenant cover up by israel?

• 07-08-2007 8:45pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭

hopefully this post is in the right forum, my first time here!

The ark of the covenant, we all saw indy jones n the 10 commandments. I remember many years ago watchin a documentary about it and in the end they reckoned it was bein hidden in a church in Ethiopia.

low and behold i was readin a book at the weekend that mentioned the same theory. However they also went on to say that israel provides an abnormal amount of aid to the country each year in an effort to cover up the ark's existence and avoid it's return to israel. The book went on to say that it would not be in israel's interest to prove its existence or being it back to israel given the suspected trouble it would cause to many religious factions.

Anyone come across these theories before? Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

hey faceman.
    never heard any theory like that before but i must say it is very interesting and there is 2 seperate sources which is always good. so i'm off to Ethiopia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

faceman wrote:
    hopefully this post is in the right forum, my first time here!

The ark of the covenant, we all saw indy jones n the 10 commandments. I remember many years ago watchin a documentary about it and in the end they reckoned it was bein hidden in a church in Ethiopia.

low and behold i was readin a book at the weekend that mentioned the same theory. However they also went on to say that israel provides an abnormal amount of aid to the country each year in an effort to cover up the ark's existence and avoid it's return to israel. The book went on to say that it would not be in israel's interest to prove its existence or being it back to israel given the suspected trouble it would cause to many religious factions.

Anyone come across these theories before? Opinions?

FACEMAN!!!!! Sorry to hijack the thread, but I just had to wave to my alter ego :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭SMERSH

I would not doubt for a second that Israel are involved in a cover up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I remember watching that documentary about it being in Ethiopia. But it wasn't very credible. It was a priest at a small church claiming he had the ark in there. The journalist asked to see it and the priest said no. I may as well claim to have it in my shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

If Israel does give an unusually large amount of aid to Ethiopia it could just as easily be to do with Beta Israel, a black Jewish ethnic group native to Ethiopia. I don't think they were made very welcome in Israel by the Ashkenazi & Sephardim white Jews & most are still in Ethiopia as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

Interesting read on the subject of the Ark in Ethiopia

http://www.selamta.net/Ark%20of%20the%20Covenant.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Ashla

Stimpyone wrote:
    Interesting read on the subject of the Ark in Ethiopia

http://www.selamta.net/Ark%20of%20the%20Covenant.htm

Come off it everybody knows the 'Ark of the Covenant resides in a mist in Chartres Cathedral in France, by the authority of the Vatican, who ordered it to be in forever holding by the Nazi's............

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

Wow, first I've heard! any links or am I just gulible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Stimpyone wrote:
    I don't think you want to know the answer to that :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Ashla

Stimpyone wrote:

Nobody is gullible; It's just the truth that they have kept away from the masses;

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement