Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First official pic - new Mazda 6

Options
  • 07-08-2007 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

OK, slightly vested interest here 'cos I got one of the current model.

I wasn't so sure about the looks but feedback from these sites is overwhelmingly positive. The back end is supposed to taper into a slightly coupe-like profile (Merc CLS influence?).

I agree with comments that it is a pity the car has grown slightly in size and weight. However overall it seems Mazda are going for something a bit unconventional to offer something different in the segment to the the classic Mondeo/Passat profile...

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/first_official_picture.php?sid=930&page=1

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/226778/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Very nice, can see influences from RX-8 in there, should be at least as contraversial as the old model was back in the day. (this segment has got a lot more adventurous in recent years, 407, C5, and Mondeo being the ones that spring to mind)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yeah - I agree with colm - very RX-8 in looks. I hope Mazda do a better job of the interior than the current model - too bland and plastic, imo

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

at the time though, silver plastic was in! I think Mazda have to be admired for going their own way with interiors, it'd be all to easy to be a Passat clone. (although higher quality plastics would be welcome for the new model!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

colm_mcm wrote:
    although higher quality plastics would be welcome for the new model!

Absolutely. The current 6 has all the look of a yoke that will end up rattling after 60 or 70 thousand miles. Wait! I've driven a few - and yes they rattle more and more as the miles creep up. If the interior gets a proper makeover then it could be a serious contender in fleet land. Mazda have always had good residuals and a decent name for reliability (even if spare parts cost an arm and a leg). All they need is like-ability - the exterior has it, lets hope the interior will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

It looks gorgeous! I just traded in a 4 year old 6 at the start of the year, and there was no problem with rattling or anything else, except for the high petrol consumption that didn't suit me doing 250 miles a week in the work commute. Definitely see the RX-8 in that bonnet, would be interesting to see a shot of the rear too. Specs sound good too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement