Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Science hours

Options
  • 07-08-2007 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

How many evenings should I be in per week with Chemistry and Pharmacology? I realise these are going to be lab-heavy.

I need to know if I can keep a job through the first part of the year, very poor at the moment!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 PharmBoyUCD

you'll have a rite few labs i think. pharmacology and BMOL have labs every 2nd week. usually its bmol one week and pharmacology the next week. chemistry labs are every week plus if your doing any electives with labs. your gonna be a busy body this term. i know a girl who did chem and pharm and she had labs 5 days a week! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

you dont have any idea what its like for bio chem and micro bio in second year?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 PharmBoyUCD

woop wrote:
    you dont have any idea what its like for bio chem and micro bio in second year?
    didn't do any biochem but apparently (i'm sorry to say) it's a nightmare. I know most ppl who did it in 2nd year absolutely hated it but thats not to say you will....:o I think the labs are hard enough and there mite be one a week, although i'm not positive.
    Well on a brighter note the micro labs are really good. i enjoyed all of them and they're easy enough. Plus they finish at 5....woohoo!! you'll have one every week.
    Good luck!
    I would have advised you to do pharmacology. it's really interesting learning about how drugs treat all the different diseases.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

hah you would have advised me to do pharm, thats actually what my choices are micro and pharm, but was considering changing to biochem, got an e-mail saying to seriously consider my options when changing as place in pharm are limited and I wouldnt be able to get back in if i decide I like it, ah well Im gonna do the modules for biochem, micro-B and pharm, see how it goes like!

yeh pharm seems really interesting but I dunno all the jobs seem to be in research, dyou know anything bout this? could you go into clinical science through pharm? cause thats what Im thinking of, thought micro B would come into it aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

chem gets you 2 evenings of labs a week :/ as far as i recall...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

i've heard that it's a lot of work for everyone - i'm not looking forward to it all

Advertisement