Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Leak, Any Painters Here

Options
  • 07-08-2007 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭

The toilet upstairs leaked down onto our kitchen ceiling. Paint blistered on plasterboard. The house is not skimmed. Any ideas how I go about repainting ceiling. What do I do to tackle damp area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭plasto

Have you got home insurance?
    If so, they will repair any damage done, i.e re-plasterboard the ceiling, plaster and paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

There are numerous products out there to seal/cover damp patches. You can also get them in a spray, one is called Bin primer,seen it in a spray and probably your best bet. The cheap way would be to scrap ceiling of any flakes and brush some normal white gloss paint onto it,or even undercoat. Fill with polyfiller if required and paint with emulsion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Many thanks, I will give it a go, if it doesnt work out I will call in the pro's

Advertisement