Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to meet new people in Maynooth/Celbridge/Leixlip are

Options
  • 07-08-2007 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Not from Maynooth but working up here and don't know a soul, getting quite bored of going home every weekend and not making the most out of what seems like a really nice place to live....does anyone have any suggestions on how to meet people here? Useless at sports, don't live or work with anyone my age (26) etc....if anyone knows of any clubs, societies etc that might be a good way to get out there I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sir

There's a new women's rugby team starting up on Monday 3rd September in Barnhall RFC. Training will be twice a week in Maynooth college pitches. It's for girls in Leixlip, Maynooth, Celbridge, Lucan etc. Nearly everyone starting has never played rugby before so don't worry about being sporty etc. plus with rugby there's a position for every fitness level! It's going to be a real social activity, lots of nights out etc. in the area.

If you're anyway interested drop me a PM and I can give you contact details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Thanks Sir, that sounds really good, PM on it's way. Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

It is a fab place, I'm here a few years now, but if you're not in the college it can be hard to meet people. Is it just me or is mid twenties a difficult time to try and meet new people anyway?!?!

Danny2580 wrote:
    It is a fab place, I'm here a few years now, but if you're not in the college it can be hard to meet people. Is it just me or is mid twenties a difficult time to try and meet new people anyway?!?!

It seems to be Danny....was a bit of a culture shock for me, going from having the same friends all my life in my home town to not knowing a soul...and it's not like you can just go up to people in bars here and start talking to them...they'd run away....it's a tough one alright, the students in Maynooth don't know how lucky they are ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

PM'd you...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Id try the Roost or B2 in maynooth. Nice places to drink and maybe get food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

What is B2??...Not heard of that one,,,the roost is a good spot alright...

we mayyy get a spot gigging in Maynooth sometime in next couple of months....if so.,..all are welcome - I'd talk to anyone haha...so no need to be shy if ya want a chin wag when we do play....gigs are a great way to meet and greet for sure...

ciao' amigos...Baggio......

Cool Baggio, where are you going to be gigging? I know lots of bands seem to play the LA but it's a bit dodgy....and as far as I know getting a slot in the Roost is really hard. There's always the SU Bar in the college though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Baggio wrote:
    What is B2??...Not heard of that one,,,

B2=upstairs of Brady's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Zebra3 good stuff...never knew there WAS an upstaires in Brady's...times have changed heheh...

MayMay,,,yehah good points.,.probably in the college...we're also looking at the roost, they get their bands from an agency....so we'll see what we can do..were a full on classic rock outfit, so we need to play full on volume,,,no "tiptapping quiet band in the back ground" here!...hahah

so we'll see what happens :)

ciao',,,,Baggio.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭roxychix

movin back to maynooth cause startin a job in dub now i am not to bad cause went to uni here for four years and the place ruled but it is hard to find things to do when you dont know the area there is a place to go horseriding out the moyglare road also a hockey club

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

roxychix wrote:
    movin back to maynooth cause startin a job in dub now i am not to bad cause went to uni here for four years and the place ruled but it is hard to find things to do when you dont know the area there is a place to go horseriding out the moyglare road also a hockey club
    I'm still trying to figure this post out, can anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Where's my Cat?

I think she is moving back to Maynooth as she has a job nearby in Dublin. She is not too worried about the prospect as she attended college here.

Se knows it can be hard when you are not too familiar with the area to make the most of what the town has on offer but she does know of horse riding and hockey facilities.

Makes sense to me.

How are you getting on Maymay? Are you working here or going to college?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Thanks for the translation, I thought I had landed on a different planet when I read it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cecila

Hey, I'm 23 and just moved up to leixlip and just wondering if anyone has suggestions too on how to meet people up here.Don't live with people my own age. Is there any sports or some sort of social club in the leixlip or maynooth area? I'm not majorly sport, haven't played in years but I would be open to joining, just not a major rugby or soccer fan :)

Advertisement