Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So I woke up this morning....

• 07-08-2007 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

...and it was bloody Maxi on the radio!

Okay I get up at 6.30 am its always Maxi, so I switch to Newstalk then at 7am I move back to RTE having done my business in the bathroom, but today as I sat down at the end of the news did'nt she only come back on again?? Then I remembered why. Its August.

Newstalk don't do seasons I notice. More power to them.

Mike.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Didn't newstalk have Twink filling in for Moncrief or someone?

At least they got Kiberd to stand in for Hook for a bit (wasn't on today, though) - he can actually hold a show together quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

And there was I thinking this was the "Turf Spade" joke! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well they let people have a break I would'nt deny the regulars that and they don't dissapear off for 2 months at a time either. Adele King aside, the stand-ins are pretty good too.

I just like the fact they don't think August is silly season. Stuff still happens.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

If you think RTE's schedule in the morning is poor ,try listening after 2000.

Its NT for me after that hour.

I have never listend to RTE after tea-time, though I did catch all of the late night arts prog the other evening and quite enjoyed it.

Mike.

• Advertisement

I see Mooney has told them all to fck off, I won't be back till September.

(Not thats any great disadvantage)

Poor auld Aengus "Il'l do me best to please everybody"McAnally is filling in as well as producing.Newstalk has them whipped in the afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Mooney has a broken arm, he was injured in amsterdam. heh.

What did he fall off??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

What did he fall off??
    or into

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

tbh wrote:
    Mooney has a broken arm, he was injured in amsterdam. heh.
    Sooo yooouu wannnnaa heeeeaaar moooorrr....
    um very suspicious :D

• Advertisement

I'd love to speculate a very libelous answer but won't :) One legal quagmire at a time for boards.ie.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Was it Mooney that Des Bishop 'outed' on the Ray D'acy show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Yes, that did occur. It wasnt that he was "outed", it was more that Mooney never hid it, but it was never discussed in the media.

Back to the original topic. It is indeed August. The body politik is not in town, lack of court cases, silly season etc. I can see and understand why RTÉ do it, but it looks archaic now.

Kinda like the big supertanker innit,takes a long time to change direction.

Advertisement