Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skangers fiddling with themselves

• 07-08-2007 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

I had heard about this trend for want of a better word but thought it might have passed the Irish skanger by. But no, before my very eyeballs yesterday this young fella walked past with his hands, right up above the wrists, stuck down his trackie bottoms. Then later at the bus stop another young lad, in full view of myself, obligatory little old lady and a bunch of his mates, stood there RUMMAGING for a full 10 minutes. I have some questions.

For those of you in the know, are the hands actually going underneath the jocks?

If I walked down the street with my hands stuck up my skirt having a good oul fiddle, would I get away with it?

Is it supposed to mean something?

Do skangers know they are skangers?

Also possibly, should I just not look and mind my own business?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I've been wondering this too. It's such a bleedin bizarre 'trend' much like the mullets and the tracksuits tucked into the socks. What the hell is up with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Timmins

Its probably another failed attempt at the "hard" look they all seem to want to achieve. "**** you, i'll scratch my sack if i want to"

What is the world coming to..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭constellation

Coz it's what them mofo gangstas do on MTV. A'ight.

Peace out.

Word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Peared wrote:
    If I walked down the street with my hands stuck up my skirt having a good oul fiddle, would I get away with it?

I for one would applaud you for doing this.

It's all about not giving a sh1te what anyone thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Hypnotoad

They've been doing this for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Hypnotoad wrote:
    They've been doing this for a long time.
    Crabs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so long as your hand is outside the trouser area, grab away to your hearts content imo. Inside the trousers, pocket or otherwise.. that's a bit dodgy and best left to bedrooms, libraries or police stations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Coz it's what them mofo gangstas do on MTV. A'ight.

Peace out.

Word.

that thing you did with your hands was str8 up gangsta yo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I propose giving them scratching sticks-lets genteelise the practise to make it acceptable. Rather like the way blowing your nose into a hanky is much more dignified than applying a diget to a nostril and expelling the contents of one's head on the ground at a busstop.

Mordeth wrote:
    so long as your hand is outside the trouser area, grab away to your hearts content imo. Inside the trousers, pocket or otherwise.. that's a bit dodgy and best left to bedrooms, libraries or police stations
    Christ, what's your experience of libraries?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Peared wrote:

If you're good looking...yes! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Peared wrote:

If I walked down the street with my hands stuck up your skirt having a good oul fiddle would I get away with it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Crabs?

Bingo! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Try having a classroom full of them in front of you. Trouser rummagers.

I'm tempted to get a big tongs and a packet of baby wipes someday and distribute them before class starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Probably trying to find their co*cks..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Peared wrote:
    Do skangers know they are skangers?

The ultimate question right there.

I hear if they realise what they are, they combust on the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Peared wrote:

So long as your not a bloke you will.

As someone who lived in town all my life, i can tell you this has been going on with teens around here as long as i remember. Was never into myself because my mother brought me up with a sense of respect and hygine.

you know the hand is the filthiest part of the human body typically? .. if you're worrieda bout hygeine you should be wearing gloves the whole time.. and changing them every half hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

MooseJam wrote:
    If I walked down the street with my hands stuck up your skirt having a good oul fiddle would I get away with it ?

Love it :D

seriously though, what are they doing down there?

Is it squishing the goods? Or stroking? Or just scrunching it all up? Are they expecting to be kneed at any given moment?

I think I prefered when they thought it was "gay" to so much as stand too close to each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

meh, im havin a todge on me plodge here in work. nothin else to do! ;)

• Advertisement

Mordeth wrote:
    you know the hand is the filthiest part of the human body typically? .. if you're worrieda bout hygeine you should be wearing gloves the whole time.. and changing them every half hour or so

Yeah but if you'll excuse the pun, it's a different ball game.

Whats worse is seeing them do it and then seeing them bite their nails or something!

Anto McC wrote:
    Yeah but if you'll excuse the pun, it's a different ball game.

Whats worse is seeing them do it and then seeing them bite their nails or something!

Scratch and sniff.

wha, you expect your gf to suck and lick it but you won't do it yourself?

men, always with the double standards

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Maybe someone could start putting radioactive materials on the door handles of their favourite establishments and the little twats can sterilize themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Take the opportunity when they're kinda defenceless and give them an almighty kick, through hands and all, in the groin.

Mordeth wrote:
    wha, you expect your gf to suck and lick it but you won't do it yourself?

Got it in one :)
    men, always with the double standards

Serious question here for you Mordeth, Do you genuinly think it's ok for a man to play with his balls for ten minutes and then to clean his teeth with his fingernails? Do you honestly find nothing wrong with that?

it's not something I'd do myself, but only because I know how much my balls sweat. If I were blessed with a dryer scrotum, then yes.. maybe I would.

I never heard of a man whose balls don't sweat.

right, but most men don't have to walk around with seperate bounty sheets for each testicle stuffed into their underpants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Ehh, mine don't.

Sounds comfortable :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

"Sounds comfortable" you say?!? I wouldn't want people looking at me having a fiddle with the good oul' bollox!

it actually is, took a little while to get used to it but it really cuts down on jock rash .. and all that happens if someone tries to wedgie you is a smooth sensation of silk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Hands up who has never had a horn in work or on a bus that makes any type of walking that doesnt resemble Quasimodo impossible.

Exactly.

Now shurrup with yer bashin......

actually, seeing as this thread is kinda moving off into it's own new direction anyway

does anyone else find they are more prone to erections on the bus when they are really tired? never happens to me except when I got fug all sleep the night before, in which case the slightest bit of gravel on the road sends me sky high.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

it's probably to keep you awake and alert. *turns pensive* but why does it only happen at the end of the journey when you have to get up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Mordeth wrote:
    actually, seeing as this thread is kinda moving off into it's own new direction anyway

does anyone else find they are more prone to erections on the bus when they are really tired? never happens to me except when I got fug all sleep the night before, in which case the slightest bit of gravel on the road sends me sky high.

Dunno why but on the Cavan to Dublin bus i always get a ragin horn around Navan. It doesnt matter if the women sitting beside me/out the window of the bus are exclusively either 19 year old blondes with tits bigger than my head, or old grannys with blue rinse. It has NOTHING to do with the view- ive been on the bus alone and got the same ive got when there are 3 18 year olds infront. Theres just something in the air in Navan :D Most men there must be on the sickie, making totally valid claims relating to spine curveture :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Godamnit! Back on-topic before I cut them off, boys.

T.M.I.

*shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I did bring up this topic almost two years ago.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=317035

Though back then it seems it was more of a hands-outside-the-pants sort of a thing.

Karoma wrote:
    Godamnit! Back on-topic before I cut them off, boys.

T.M.I.

*shudder*
    Ok miss 'Bobbit'.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

reminds me of a few scouser me and me mates met over in liverpool. three of them (one was going out with a mate who was in uni there) they came up all hard like hand blatanly down the trousers, and stuck that hand out to shake our hands, one of the lads obliged (a right doughal) then i get dirty look from them when i told them to feck off with that, jesus i was sh*tin it for the rest of the nite. good lads though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Hands up who has never had a horn in work or on a bus ...
    Fine ... but the problem isn't hands up, it's hands down ... in public, at least! God knows, I'm no advocate of sleeping with hands outside the clothes, but polishing the family jewelry on a public street is a bit much ...
    Karoma wrote:
    T.M.I.

*shudder*
    Prude! :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Sarsfield wrote:
    I did bring up this topic almost two years ago.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=317035

Though back then it seems it was more of a hands-outside-the-pants sort of a thing.

Hardly newsworthy considering we see the exact same threads brought up on a weekly basis at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

Crabs?
    Defo a more probable explanation! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm glad this topic was brought up.

I find it absolutely revolting looking at teenage lads, and sometimes older holding their bollox like this.

I've a 15yr old son, whose arms' I'm break if I seen him do that.

I mean, what in the name of sweet baby Jesus do they think their doing. Looking like two year old's playing with their willies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Thought the front of the pants is where they keep knives and sawn off shotguns when they're carrying them. Other than that its probably Jacintas crabs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Could be worse, it could turn into a case of "you scratch my sack and I'll scratch yours" :D

DarkJager wrote:
    Thought the front of the pants is where they keep knives and sawn off shotguns when they're carrying them. Other than that its probably Jacintas crabs....

"Is that crabs or are you just happy to see me" doesn't quite have the same ring to it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Pretty off putting alright (just think how many such hands may have held any of the money you have in your wallet/purse) *searches for a vomit smilie but alas there are none!* but I have heard of worse:
    a lad out in public, his GF in front of him (presumable his GF anyway) & "his lad" down the back of her trackies. Some people have no sense of shame...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

"Sense of shame"... "skanger"... not in the same thread please.

• Advertisement
Advertisement