Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Links advice or help for project:

Options
  • 07-08-2007 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am in the middle of trying to produce a physics animation based on the refraction of light as a visual guide for leaving cert students. I am intensely studying actionscript and Flash 8 to produce this animation and it is going ok so far in that sense.

The problem is that I can't seem to find many interesting sites that produce animations (not Java applets), which inspire me based on the specific matter mentioned above. Does anyone have links to creative sites that show physics really well that I may draw inspiration from as research?

Even some tips would be great, I have looked at the 'Resistors' but there is to much 3d there and that is not my expertise at this time.

The key really is to create using Flash 8 an effective, instructive visually understandable animation showing a physics student the refraction of light through a glass block.

Ideally I would like to be able to allow the user to interact with the experiment by adjusting the light beam through the block and have the light beam move accordingly. I am toying with the idea of the 'hittest' command but am not sure how to do this.

I hope that makes sense, if not ask for more clarification. Any help is appreciated thanks in advance.

Advertisement